New Uker Day!

RAB11

Reaction score
Hey all. I've seen quite a few people give me well wishes both here and on Facebook, so I thought I'd let you all know how we got on this weekend.

Basically, a weekend of not quite knowing what was gonna happen turned into something is definitely happening in the early hours of Monday morning. My partner Louise went into Labour roughly around 3am, I got the call to come into the hospital around half 4. Louise was doing great, things were progressing along really nicely and then slowed to a halt around 11:30, at which point Louise was getting a bit overwhelmed by the pain as well, because she was only allowed gas an air. Around 12 she got hooked up to some slightly better drugs, and they were gonna start her on some hormones to kick start things again. Her parents arrived around then too so I let Nanny-to-be hold the fort while I grabbed some lunch. Was only gone about half an hour but when I got back he was well on his way. Impeccable timing as always. Around 2:30 yesterday afternoon I witnessed the most incredible thing I will ever witness, and my son was here. We've called him Nathan Louis Michael Bridgett, and he's amazing. Just like his dad already, as well.

I know Linda chucked a couple pictures on here, but here are a few more.

Thanks again for keeping us all in your thoughts this weekend.

10711109_10152787285847241_276539472569652350_n.jpg10354222_10152437470708869_3084538228726177225_n.jpg1901730_10152477524340698_1138819358273890320_n.jpg10690010_10152786978482241_8735192357021595865_n.jpg

EDIT: The third one along is my Mum. Who refuses to be called grandma but melted at the site of him. Bless her.

Congratulations, Ryan and Louise! Welcome little Nathan!

All the best to all of you!

Congratulations to both of you!

Ukulele lullabies are the best for putting babies down for a nap.

Congrats Mate! Having a son was the best thing that ever happened to me and I'm so happy that you get to experience that same joy!

thanks for posting those new pics for us! what a cutie! welcome to the seasons, nathan, how soon do you think you'll be able to manage a uke vid? ;)

There is nothing more special and heart warming than watching a baby being born. Im so glad you were with Louise and Nathan as he made his appearance. The pics are adorable:) Great job Louise, Ryan and Nathan. Thanks for sharing:)

There is nothing more special and heart warming than watching a baby being born. Im so glad you were with Louise and Nathan as he made his appearance. The pics are adorable:) Great job Louise, Ryan and Nathan. Thanks for sharing:)

Pizza.With a nice Chianti.

Congrats RAB!!! Thought I would throw in a little lullaby. Hugs and prayers to you, Louise and little Nathan!!!!

A gift and internet hugs from me to Ryan, Louise and Baby Nathan!

Forgive the cold:/

Okay Ryan here is my lullaby for the little one. (If it doesn't work for him, maybe you can use it) Congrats again!

Congratulations, Ryan! You've just hired on to the most important job you will ever undertake....

Welcome to the world of exhaustion . . . you're going to LOVE IT.

Congratulations!!

Rab ,Ryan ...Pompeii Bloke ,whichever....I am not a huge fan of the Rug Rats :rolleyes: ,I am not going to deny it , but you clearly are and this is a curmudgeonly, slightly self concsious , but heartfelt Huge Ups to you and a Big Shout Out to Mrs Ryan...after all the lady did all the hard work mate ......

Chris...

PS Where in Pompeii are you ...I used to live across the water....not bloody Gosport...the Issle Of Wiggit.....

Congratulations and good wishes. Parents have children. Children have staff. Your life is no longer your own.

But that's a good thing.

Already said congrats on FB but.....CONGRATULATIONS again!! What a beautiful baby Louise and Ryan. Good luck to you. I was a nanny to 3 sets of twins and 2 kids of my own and I can say the best advice I could give new parents is. Let them sleep, sleep, sleep,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz It's the best thing for them the more they sleep the better they sleep :eek:

Top Bottom