Song Help Request Breezin by George Benson

JumpingPulgas

Reaction score
I love this song and would love to learn how to play it on the uke. I've already tried searching in here but didn't find it. Does anyone have the tabs?

Maraming Salamat Po (Thank you very much)!

John

No tabs for Breezin' that I know of . . .

I played around with the song the other night, after reading this thread. On a standard-tuned (high-G) uke, you kinda run out of strings at the bottom to play the melody. You could probably do it on a low-G uke.

But I wound up transposing it from D to F, making the lowest note a C instead of an A. That seemed to work pretty well. There are a couple of ways to put the melody on the neck--I haven't figured out the best one yet. But if I ever do (and if Seeso doesn't beat me to it!), I'll try to come up some tabs.

JJ

here is a video of the main part. ive been playing this part of this song for a while now, the improvising part i have NO idea how to really do. i certainly would though if anybody has the time and patience to mock-create one.

heres the main part in a video. bare with me on this one lol if you watch my fingers you can do it. if anything just ask.

also this is key for this song; you should learn how to do the strum-picking technique as in Uke Mins 26, at least IMO, the best way that i find to play it is with the strum-picking. the G and C strings are the only strings that should be muted when played.

here it is! enjoy what i have so far!

Thanks for the vid, Fred! That was a massive help. I had always wondered what the basic chords were in that beginning part. But is there any other way to voice the chord? Possibly without muting two of the strings? Or is that how it's done?

Thanks for the vid, Fred! That was a massive help. I had always wondered what the basic chords were in that beginning part. But is there any other way to voice the chord? Possibly without muting two of the strings? Or is that how it's done?

like, just use your thumb and strum those 2 strings, but it doesnt sound good as well if you do the strum-picking.

Four of us jammed around with this tune early last year. Quite a few improvised solos to work from. And it goes on for nearly 7 minutes. Matt, John, Aldrine and me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom