Terve! From Finland

Rustman

Reaction score
Cheers everyone!
I'm a new member from Finland, Europe. I have played mainly guitar for about 39 years and uke for about eight years now. I have lead a uke club for two years and have had some ukulele workshops as well.
I own a home studio with all basic music instruments and amps, write music and do some production work in my small private company. Band playing is my dear hobby, but I've also played some troubadour gigs.

Other dear hobbies of mine are the citroen 2CV cars and old mopeds and motorcycles.

A lot of my time gets wasted working as a lecturer in the university teacher's training school.

Welcome Rustman. Don't feel too bad, training teachers not too big a "waste of time." Look forward to hearing more about your exploits, especially the uke related ones.

Sounds like you are having plenty of fun with your Ukulele. Plenty of good Uke stuff here. I started my Uke group about 2 and a half years ago, also after many years of being a singer/guitarist. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to UU Rustman!

Cheers everyone!
I'm a new member from Finland, Europe.

Terve myös sinulle. Kerro lisää sun ukulele workshopista.
Please tell us more about your ukulele workshop.

Hello, Rustman, and welcome to UU. Sounds like you have a very fun life!!!

The workshop was held at the music camp for pop and jazz musicians. Ukulele was offered as an extra for those who wanted to try it out, without extra pay. One hour lesson every day for eight days. From the basics to some improvising stuff. The group started as over twenty persons, but "serious" instruments took their toll and at the end we had about sixteen players performing "Hello, Ma Baby!" at the Jazz Street at the Pori Jazz festival (With a beautiful singer, I might add.) i'll see if I can spot a video from the gig.

Yeah! We had great time!

Top Bottom