UU Open Mic?

Just a quick survey, how many people would be down for an open mic over the internet using mogulus?

All you need is a webcam, mic, high speed internet, and a mogulus account.

Mogulus allows us to "punch in" feeds from anyone logged into our account. So everyone watching only needs to tune into one video player. We can go down the line and punch in anyone who wants go perform.

It'll be just like a real open mic but just over the internet.

I just thought of the idea at work today. Who'd be down for participating?

*update*
March 22 2008 - 4pm HST (7pm PST)

Performers please try to log on at least 30 minutes - 1 hour prior to 4 so we can get everyone set up and do quick mic checks. Thanks.

Open Mic will be broadcasted with Mogulus on the Ukulele Underground Channel. http://www.mogulus.com/ukuleleunderground

If Mogulus bogs out, backups will be Ustream and Skype

List of People who were interested in playing in the openmic. When we get 10 we'll set a date and time.

puremarkska - Hawaii
aldrine - hawaii
Ukulele_Junkie - PST
strongergodzilla - PST
nukeDOC - PST
dafamcallsmebj - PST
tsud123 -PST
seeso - Chicago
Dominator - PST
Fred Miu - PST
UkulelesReggae - Australia
menehunenyc - EST
Ndtitanlady
Kawika27 - PST
Deadeye - UK

Please post your Mogulus usernames. I need to add you to the "UU team" in order to participate.

update on participants:

dafamcallsmebj (nukedoc619)
playing original song "just one chance"

ukulele_junkie
playing "up on the roof" and "dock of the bay"

dominator
playing TBD

nukedoc (nukedoc619)
playing "everything i own"

puremarkska
playing TBD

aldrine
playing TBD

seeso (yoseeso)
playing "caress me down" and "word up"

edmundwhited (uked)
playing "one of a kind" and "natural rhythm"

fred_miu
playing TBD

tsud123 and chronosxd (tsud123)
#981 (ha! beat that lol)
playing "yesterday" and "baby got back"

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best time to try and do this where everyone will not be up too late is around 4:00pm Hawaii time. That's 6:00pm West Coast, 9:00pm East Coast, Noon in Guam, and 1:00pm in Sydney.

Is that compensating for Daylight Saving Time, which starts on 9 March (in the US)? Hawaii doesn't participate, right? So West Coast will will be 7pm, etc.

Last edited:
Is that compensating for Daylight Saving Time, which starts on 9 March (in the US)? Hawaii doesn't participate, right? So West Coast will will be 7pm, etc.

DOH. You are right!

So Correct, West Coast would be 7:00pm, East Coast would be 10:00pm.

Does Guam and Australia participate in DST?

I should be able to do that.

March 22, 9:00 PM Chicago time for me.

O hell yea im in to play a little somthing I just need to find a quiet room in my house.

Not at the level to perform, but would love to watch. What do you need to do just to watch?

Ok, can everyone who wants to participate sign up for a mogulus account if you haven't already done so?

It's free.

Once you have your account, post your username here, and I'll add you to the list of "Team members" for the UU account. That way you can share your video stream with our player.

Thanks everybody, this is going to be fun!

Alright, I'm all signed up. My username is seeso.

you already have mine right? i think its nukedoc619. not 100% sure though hahaha.

I signed up with username ukulele_junkie I just signed up but I'm a little lost.

UPDATE: I got it i think, mogulus kinda makes my computer slow just a bit tho.

Crap I just realized i had sumtin planned on the 22nd, not sure if i'll be home by 7pm maybe 8pm. i'll try to make it on time.

Last edited:
rayan i thought this was a great idea when i heard of it, id totaly do it!
just need to buy a webcam now : /
haha

like nat, i dont have a webcam either. i make all my vids with a crappy digital cam. haha.

i bought a webcam off the internet...so hopefully it comes in before march 22nd. :/

Top Bottom