RARE - Dave Talsma - Koa Pineapple Sopranino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus

Reaction score
Hello! I have a special treat for you all. This is super rare!

I recently commissioned Dave Talsma to make me a sopranino pineapple ukulele. It was completed in late October 2014, and I received it on October 31st. It is not quite two weeks old yet!

This little uke is amazing visually. The top, back, and sides are beautiful solid koa. The neck is mahogany. The bridge and fret board are rosewood. The faceplate and rosette are a beautiful burled maple. Dave Talsma’s ukes are made one at a time, and his attention to detail is wonderful. This is the second pineapple sopranino he has made; the other one he kept for himself.

This little uke is amazing sonically as well. Intonation is accurate up and down the fret board. The action is low, and this little pineapple shaped uke is loud! It has a great koa sound.

Now, I challenge you to find any of Dave’s ukes for sale. I have been a member since 2009 on UU, and I can only think of maybe (2) Talsma ukes becoming available for purchase on the UU or FMM marketplaces. These are keepers.

Here is a link: http://davetalsma.com/

So, why am I selling? Simply put: unexpected expenses, and I need the cash.

PRICE: $575 shipped to the USA.

Send inquiries my way – kkaia@netzero.net

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• SDC12793.jpg
    SDC12793.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC12792.jpg
    SDC12792.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC12791.jpg
    SDC12791.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC12789.jpg
    SDC12789.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 126
  • SDC12787.jpg
    SDC12787.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
More pictures - these were taken by Dave Talsma himself:
IMG_20141025_131331.jpg
2014-10-25 12.52.22.jpg
2014-10-25 12.51.56.jpg
128.jpg

Forgot two details:

1. It came strung with GHS soprano strings. I did not like them, so I put Fremont Black Lines on it. They sound great.

2. The uke comes with a brand new sopranino sized gig bag.

Beautiful pineapple! Curious as to what the overall length is?

Curious as to why selling less than two weeks after you got it?

If this wasn't a sopranio, I would have to do some serious thought about this one. I have a Talsma concert vita style and it is a great uke from the sound, the details, and the playing action. I think anyone looking for a custom build would do themselves a great service by checking out Dave Talsma ukes. Any one looking for a sopranio should grab this one!

Well, a buyer sent payment and I boxed it up.

The potential buyer just contacted me and backed out because they thought it was a soprano!

This gem is still available; it is a SOPRANINO ukulele!

Last edited:
One note - since it is all boxed up and ready to go, I will take $575 shipped for this uke!

Since you bought it two weeks ago I for one would like to know.

1. the reason for selling on such short notice

2. the price that was paid for it since you are selling it as used.

I for one buy ukes here, to get a good price on used instruments, and help fellow ukelele enthusiasts when they want to trade in\up or need to raise cash in a fair manner for both parties.

good luck on the sale ;-)

Ivan, an email is in your "inbox" regarding your inquiries. Thanks!

Sold and shipped! Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom