Want to join us for a Yankee Invasion of the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain?

Elainede

Reaction score
The fabulous Ukulele Festival of Great Britain has just announced their line-up:

James Hill * Herb Ohta, Jr. * Ryo Natoyama​

Boz at the Big Busk.jpgWe took a small group of Yanks to this festival last year and had the time of our lives. So, it looks as though we'll be staging another "Yankee Invasion" (June 15 - 22) this year.

South Hill Farm.jpgBasically, a dozen or so American ukulele affcionados will descend on the beautiful Cotswolds region of the UK (near Cheltenham), after first securing a local farmhouse, from whence we will strum to our heart's content prior to the invasion of the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain and environs, where we will make wonderful new friends and learn fabulous new songs.

10489675_10202660958902069_4721514637197200165_n.jpgLast year we jammed (and shared a pint or two) with the locals, stormed the open mic, attended workshops, staged celebrations back at the farmhouse, hosted imported and local instructors, and ate, and ate, and ate. Oh...and visited a pub or two!

10365496_10202666021988643_2430897713383493427_o.jpgThe fabulous farmhouse in Stow-on-the-Wold is ours, again, for 2015 but we'll be going a few days before the festival this year, so we have time to put together our act for the Festival's fabulous Open Mic. And the line-up at the festival this year is nothing short of stellar! James Hill! Herb Ohta, Jr., and the Japanese phenomenon, Ryo Natoyama, just to name a few. (Really, it was the names we didn't recognize that just blew us away last year......can't even begin to tell you how funny the "Hot Potato Syncopators" are!) You can read about the full festival line-up here.

10694232_10202666030468855_4010731311501464762_o.jpgOther than the dates and the details the festival itself has released, the Yankee Invasion is a work in progress and will remain so, until we have verified another 12 interested Yankee Invaders. So, if you think you would like to spend a week in a lovely manor house in the Cotswolds with like-minded ukulele players, ukulele workshops each day, great food, local expeditions and explorations, and attend the 'Ukulele Festival of Great Britain, please let me know and I'll get you in that loop.

By the way, you don't have to be a Yank to join us, just an enthusiastic 'ukulele player (or companion) willing to go with the flow.

Wow, looks like a fabulous "invasion." I enjoyed the 3 years I was stationed in Suffolk. All the Brits I met were "lovely" (except for one, snotty, teenager in a bake shop who asked us what we have to be so Thankful for when my wife went in to buy bread for our Thanksgiving dinner) LOL Wish I could go back for another visit.

Top Bottom