Thread: Hula Ukes

Default Hula Ukes

Okay... I made a rare impulse buy. I knew these were intro models made by Mele. I came across one this weekend for sale - the person said that his stepmother had sent it to him from Maui, but he had no interest in it. It's a UK-55 soprano with padded bag. I tuned it for him (he wasn't too sure how to tune it) and it actually sounded pretty nice. I made him an offer for it & here it is in my office.

Anyone else have one? Thoughts? Likes/dislikes? I e-mailed Cheryl at Mele for any additional information, so I'm hoping to hear back (she did confirm it was one of theirs).

Thanks,
    Matt

where's the pic's?!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Martin Iz - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 (fretless) - Pahoehoe | Kala Acacia - Pahoehoe

Here's a quick review from Ukulele Hunt's website:

jaytee
    August 9th, 2010 10:52 pm

There should probably be a separate page for their “student uke” line, Hula Ukes, but since there isn’t, I’ll review it here.

Mine is one of their lower end models, no frills. That said, I am very surprised at the level of quality and attention to detail. The finish is absolutely superb, to the point that it looks like a much more expensive instrument than it is. Yes, it is made with laminates, but this is not something you’ll notice until you look for it.

The sound is also better than expected for a budget instrument. My uke playing friends have commented on how much they like the clear tone. It isn’t perfect (it sounds a little more muted than I would like) but for the price, it is excellent. Better than some ukes at twice the cost.

Default Hula Uke

Per UkerDanno's request...

Hula Front.jpgHula Back.jpgHula Head.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information