Looking for 5 inexpensive starter ukes.

Inksplosive AL

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of gifting my sisters family with ukuleles they are struggling a bit like most and the kids really suffer. The kids are 11, 13 and 15 and I figure if my sister and her partner push a little and utilize uncle rods bootcamp well hell they have a small group just themselves.

I can always buy ukeadelics and customize them but figured what the heck why not ask what you all have sitting underplayed in your collections. I'm prepared to setup and customize every one if need be so talk to me.

Thanks
~Al

If you have a bridge I have a cheap blue Kohala hiding somewhere.

I suggest contacting Mim at Mim's. I did something similar for a young fellow and his sister. She went out of her way to ensure the gift was appropriate and beyond anything I was expecting for the price I paid.

Yeah I'm going on the thought that after a home setup my little smiley is actually quite a player. It really didn't sound bad until I started playing a better ukulele and still really doesn't sound that bad with Aquila's on it.

I think I'm going to bring a couple of my ukes over for thanksgiving and see what kind of interest it sparks. I can't see kids not being interested in music.

A bridge... well believe it or not I am in possession of a bridge. It's on US RT1 known as the Devon bridge it connects Stratford with Milford or Fairfield county with New Haven county. Now I can't flat out sell or trade it but I can grant 24 hours access over the roadway. ;)

~AL~

I have a wonderful sounding KoAloha concert (well worn) I would let go for a song.

It's the one that goes ...

Send me a $100 dollars,
Send me a $100 dollars,
Send me a $100 dollars ... and this could be your uke!

dolphins and sharks! cost of shipping low end ukuleles isn't great.

If InkEsp doesn't want the KoAloha Cigarfan. I'd take it. Pm sent. Best,Mike

It's the one that goes ...

Send me a $100 dollars,
Send me a $100 dollars,
Send me a $100 dollars ... and this could be your uke!

I'll take it!

OP, I think the best thing would be to get them all the same thing so no one gets a "better" uke than anyone else. So if you want to go with Dolphins or Sharks, you can pick a different color for each one, and they'll all be different but still the same.

I see no reply to my PM, so I wonder if you rcvd it, so here's the same offer for all to see. Edy Finn has a soprano with an oval hole called a Minnow. It comes PINK_RED_NEUTRAL_BLUE_BLACK. When you buy six (as a dealer, and I am) they are $19.95 each. You can pick how many of each colour you want. I can have them drop shipped to you for $9.00 more than shipping to me, but you don't have to have me charge you double shipping fee. Drilling through the bridge and body with a #68 drill bit makes it a through the body stringing. The bridge then only has to maintain height and spacing. E/F comes with a written 3 year warranty. Am I going to make anything on this? No! but there are some things; such as helping someone help someone that creates value quality of life) far more than just dollars and cents. You can see them at www.shop-shs.com will let you see pics of them.

I have a dolphin and a shark (not for sale) and they are great, so I agree with the others who have mentioned them. If the kids take to the ukes at Thanksgiving, you could ask what their fav colors are, and be done with it. The dolphins have a shiny surface and the sharks have a matte surface but sound the same.

I think it's a great idea for those kids. It will be a fun gift and give them a happy friend to make them smile! Did you say you were getting them for mom and dad, too?

Sorry if I didn't get back to everyone right away my PM's have blown up with offers that have me a little humbled and overwhelmed at the same time. I'm dealing with my sick boxer and my sleep schedule is shot so please understand if I don't reply right away.

~thanks Al

Al,
I have given away a number of ukuleles and just sent 4 down to neice and nephews ages 4-7 down in Louisiana I got demo model MAKALA dolphin and sharks (bridge shapes) from expickn off ebay for under $50 each shipped. They come in the kids favorite colors. I just swap out the stock strings for a set of martins and they sound great. You should be able to find fender tuners for about $10. Good luck. Bob

Top Bottom