Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ocomershalls

Quote Originally Posted by Olarte View Post
    Lots of commercial feature Uke in the music.

While we are more apt to notice is as your interest in ukulele increases I have noticed a huge increase of it in the last year.
    i see that....like when you get a newtoyou ride now everyone has it.

i have been noticing all sorts of things the make me think four strings.
    Before you speak, before you act;
    imagine your mom, kid, and childhood idol are standing before you.
    Would you do/say the same thing?

Capitalization: the difference bewtween you helping your uncle Jack off a horse, and you helping your uncle jack off a horse.

You don't know what you don't know till you know you don't know it; the more you know, the more you realize how much you really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    I don't have a TV, but when I'm out and about i hear them on ohter peoples sets. I was with a patient the other night and her spouse said "I've never met anyone who played a ukulele."
    I said "you just did".
    Then he said "Ive never heard anyone play a ukulele." Then a TV commercial came on, and there it was....and I said "you just did."
    He was flabbergasted.
    so great!!

Capitalization: the difference bewtween you helping your uncle Jack off a horse, and you helping your uncle jack off a horse.

You don't know what you don't know till you know you don't know it; the more you know, the more you realize how much you really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Olarte View Post
    A fun and useful exercise is to grab your Uke and try to play along with commercials specially theo new that feature ukuleles. It's a great way to practice picking up melodies and chords by ear.

This is specially useful if you use a dvd as you can rewind it a few times until you figure it out. Also it encourages you to be more a more active TV viwer by strumming while staring at "the box"
    i have been trying this with youtube vids, commershills are not nearly as entertaining to watch over and over. but, again, right you are.

Thread Information