$10 Cartoon Character Ukes at Walmart - get them today or take a chance this weekend

Take your pick:

(1) You guys are so bad!

or

(2) I love you all.

Having said that, the last thing in the world that I need is another knock-about soprano. I mean, come on, I have two Outdoor Ukes. In addition, I hate cartoons; always have, always will (possible exception - some episodes of South Park). I have never been a Disney fan. Ever. I used to love WalMart; now I'm bordering on viewing them as evil incarnate.

I will pick up my Doc McStuffins on Tuesday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Last edited:
Take your pick:

(1) You guys are so bad!

or

(2) I love you all.

Having said that, the last thing in the world that I need is another knock-about soprano. I mean, come on, I have two Outdoor Ukes. In addition, I hate cartoons; always have, always will (possible exception - some episodes of South Park). I have never been a Disney fan. Ever.

I will pick up my Doc McStuffins on Tuesday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Please accept my apologies. Sincerely. :)
What the heck is Doc McStuffins anyway? I never heard of that!

Why choose? I see absolutely no conflict between #1 and #2.

Regarding straps - I use a bright yellow sound hole strap to match my bright yellow ukulele. Cost is about $3 on eBay. I also use my Mobius strap.

Last edited:
LOL, no apologies necessary!

I had never heard of Doc McStuffins either, but the uke is purple and has various medical symbols all over it. I'm a pharmacist and may keep this as my office uke (replacing or supplementing a green [the official color of pharmacy - how many of you knew that? - you learn something here every day] Dolphin)*. Apparently Doc McStuffins is a Disney TV show about a young girl of color who can heal broken toys. Or something like that.

You're right, of course. I love all of you bad people. :D

* OTOH, having a ukulele in my office is strange enough; maybe I shouldn't make it worse by bringing in a cartoon-character one or (worse) having two of them. Oh well, I've worked here for 25 years; everyone knows me by now. :D

Last edited:
Hahaha, I love this thread. Not a single post about getting a set up. A few about changing out the strings. Wouldn't want those cheap factory strings on your cheap Disney ukulele. No, it is OK, I love the videos of people having fun with their ukes. That is what it is really all about, as far as I'm concerned.

I am using the cheap factory strings going on a year now. I have a set of Martins for it, but it is easier to plunk away on the original strings.

The tuners are tight. I can practice chords or fingerpicking.

It sounds better to play quietly than loudly, so it is perfect for playing at work, while traveling and being a model guest in a motel room, or to play around sleeping family members.

I can match it to my accessories since I wear bright gaudy stuff.

And, it brings a smile to my face. What is not to love?

Attachments

• First Act trio.jpg
    First Act trio.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I am using the cheap factory strings going on a year now. I have a set of Martins for it, but it is easier to plunk away on the original strings.

The tuners are tight. I can practice chords or fingerpicking. It plays better quietly than loudly so it is perfect for playing at work or around sleeping family members. I can match it to my accessories. And, it brings a smile to my face. What is not to love?
I'm in total agreement.

sorry can only add one vid per post. This is the last demo i will post on it. it is a fun little sucker.

Well, Kelly is posting much better reviews than me, and his uke appears to have settled a lot better and faster than mine. Anyway, here's mine:

Here's a quick Thanksgiving Day update on my $10 Wal-Mart Disney Minnie Mouse cartoon uke purchase. It's growing on me. I played it a bit at 6:50 and (better) 7:20. Yeah, I talk too much. Sorry.

Love all of your videos.

These are great little ukuleles for travel since you don't have to bother with a gig bag or case. They fit in my vintage overnight cases. Tie them down and tuck clothes around them.

Attachments

• First Act pink suitcase.jpg
    First Act pink suitcase.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 37
  • First Act blue suitcase.jpg
    First Act blue suitcase.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 34
  • First Act yellow suitcase.jpg
    First Act yellow suitcase.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 35
I just came home from my local WallyWorld with 3 of 'em. a Doc McStuffins, a Sofia the First and a Lightning McQueen. I love that the McQueen uke has car wheels for tuner buttons! they are super easy to turn . . .

as a P.S., I will never go to Walmart on Thanksgiving day again . . .the crowd was massive!. . .but everybody was in a good mood. two folks with 2 filled shopping carts each even let me go in front of them in line after they saw I only had 3 things . . .

After reading this thread, I had to go get one! For $10.00, you just cant beat it. Mine doesn't have any paint on the tuner gears as mentioned earlier. Here are a couple of pix of mine. I didn't see any of the black based Cars version. IMG_1731.jpg

Will I ever learn ??

I went to the walmart to look for a $10 ukulele, they were out of them but I spent $70
I came home to buy one on line and now the $10 ukes are sold out on line (but still have Mickey for $16.09)
So I bought TWO Schoenhut ukes (for $29.95ea) so I could save $4.95 on shipping when spending more than $50.

How does anyone fall for this ?

Top Bottom