Guide bushings problem with new Kala

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I wanted to post an update on my earlier post about the bushings on my uke that looked tipped. I changed strings on the uke for the first time this week and the bushings just fell out once there was no string tension on the tuner posts. Everything is centered up okay. It's just the holes are over-sized to the point that the bushings are a loose fit. Was in a hurry so I just held the bushings in with my thumb until I got enough tension on the strings to keep them in place. I'll do the "blue tape" fix on the next string change.

Loose bushings are pretty common as an uke ages. It may have been a good friction fit when the uke was new but as the wood dries out they can become loose. A couple of drops of woodworking glue on the ridges of the bushing will take care of it. Sometimes loose hardware can be the source of buzzing so it's best to take care of it.

Loose bushings are pretty common as an uke ages. It may have been a good friction fit when the uke was new but as the wood dries out they can become loose. A couple of drops of woodworking glue on the ridges of the bushing will take care of it. Sometimes loose hardware can be the source of buzzing so it's best to take care of it.

Sounds like good advice, thanks!

Top Bottom