Thread: FS Rare Kamaka 8-String Tenor Circa 1970's, Mint

Default FS Rare Kamaka 8-String Tenor Circa 1970's, Mint

For sale a stunning, rare vintage all original, white label Koa Kamaka 8 String Tenor circa 1970's in excellent, pristine, mint condition as shown in the photos. It features highly figured, solid Koa construction top, back and sides with the quite rare Koa neck (not mahogany) and Koa fretboard and original satin finish. Total of 14 frets to the body and 18 frets to the sound hole. It measures 27.25" long and 9" wide, depth is 3".
    You won't find a nicer example of this vintage model Kamaka. There are no cracks, no seam separations, no fretboard wear and no needed repairs. This is a well preserved vintage Koa Tenor also called the "Liliu VIII". Nice low action makes for excellent playability and 8 new fluorocarbon strings provide exquisite sound tones. Comes with the original case in good condition and original bill of sale. Sound sample upon request. This model Kamaka new now sells for $1495.00 on line. Hate to sell but must, bills mounting. $999.00 firm paypal shipped to Continental US. (please respond to my email address as I check it more often) vreno@comcast.net

DSCN3246.jpgDSCN3200.jpgDSCN3244.jpgDSCN3285.jpgDSCN3280.jpg.
    Uke Mama

Uke Make Me Smile!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    Bean Sprout Banjo uke, Clarophone Banjo Uke, Diastone Soprano, Harmony Soprano, Kamaka Concert, Kala Travel Soprano & tenor, KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, Martin O Soprano, Martin Tenor, Mya-Moe Concert Resonator & Kamaka 8 Stringed Liliu

I have one of these early 8 string tenors and can attest to the great sound it produces. Well worth the money. You will sound like an ensemble with this ukulele. It looks to be in great condition too.
    The cases back then looked like thin fiberboard but they are so well lined, they keep the humidity inside and the instrument protected.

John, appreciate your input regarding my 8 string Kamaka tenor for sale. It's really in super condition...and the tones produced by the highs and lows on the G and C strings are very pleasing to the ear.
    Uke Mama

Uke Make Me Smile!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    Bean Sprout Banjo uke, Clarophone Banjo Uke, Diastone Soprano, Harmony Soprano, Kamaka Concert, Kala Travel Soprano & tenor, KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, Martin O Soprano, Martin Tenor, Mya-Moe Concert Resonator & Kamaka 8 Stringed Liliu

Thread Information