Thread: Vintage baritone mahogany ukulele for sale, no makers marks (Chicago, Harmony?)

Default Vintage baritone mahogany ukulele for sale, no makers marks (Chicago, Harmony?)

I'm selling this older baritone ukulele (also a couple other sopranos) after owning it for about 7 years. I never got around to learning to play as I hoped (when I find time to play it's a guitar I always pick up)

Anyway, I'm not sure of the maker - seems like a Chicago Co. like Harmony, although most I've seen have flat headstock, not pointed lie this one. Maybe someone will weigh in with info?... (Update - a friendly user suggested it is an an older Hohner baritone - maybe so).
    It's very well maintained with no cracks or other issues. Neck seems very straight, heel is tight to the body. The wood is solid mahogany and it has a bound sound hole and Brazilian rosewood finger board (check out the beautiful grain!).

Total length is 29 inches, width is 10 1/2 inches at lower bout. String height is 1/8 inch or less at 12th fret. The frets and fret markers show zero wear; clearly an underplayed instrument. No major dings; only minor scratches here and there. The pics should fill in the blanks.
    Only include 5 pics allowed here, I have many other pics I can send.
    Selling for $150, plus $15 shipping to 48 US states (will need to add a bit for shipping to HI or AL). Feel free to call if you like (617) 447-4853
    Last edited by myoldukes; 12-30-2014 at 06:24 AM.

Welcome to UU (from the North Shore!).

I'm by no means an expert, but the headstock, tuners, and plastic sound hole binding all match a 1950-ish Hohner baritone I had.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the info - just getting to reply (I researched online; found only one but with different tuners and no sound hole binding). I don't know much about ukes but being vintage/aged mahogany, it must be better than new Lanikai, etc. ukuleles... I'm lowering the price to $150 if I can figure out how to edit the post, in hope of quick and very fair sale.

Thread Information