Hi from Tampa

Laura J

Reaction score
I'm not yet an official uke player, because the ukulele is supposed to be my Christmas gift. (Hey, they didn't wrap it yet right?)

I'm loving it so far. I've been playing a1/2 size guitar and became interested in the ukulele at my local music shop.

I have a Kanaloa Concert KC Sapelle and I love the way it sounds. I'm looking forward to learning to play.
Laura

Welcome.

FYI Tampa has a large Uke player population including a fairly active group and a popular annual get-together. I'm sure a couple of the more active within the bunch will chime in.

Thanks Steve. I know there is a beginner group that meets often. I am part of the meet up group and plan to go once I actually receive it as a gift. Our family homeschools and many of the kids and parents play the ukulele.

I'd love to hear about any uke activities and groups.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome Laura!

It seems that Christmas is going to bring a lot of us "newbies" :)

Welcome! Sapele has such a nice sound, so you will love playing your new ukulele.

Greetings and welcome fellow Floridian. Glad you joined us. Perhaps I'll see you at the TBUG next November.

Hi from North Florida and welcome!

Welcome...you found a great site and as Phil stated Tampa has a large and active Uke family.
Best wishes

Hi from Punta Gorda! Lucky you, you have a great uke group right in your town, the Tampa Bay Ukulele Society. I don't get up there as much as I like but they are a large and very active group that was monthly jams, as well as, beginner meetups and open mikes at a local bar.

Welcome to UU, Laura. Glad that you live in an active and thriving ukulele culture. That makes it all the more fun!!! Merry Christmas!

Welcome to UU, from sunny Singapore!

Top Bottom