It isn't just ukulele players.

Rllink

Reaction score
I got quite a chuckle out of that myself. I have a few friends that I will be forwarding it to as well.

When I posted this I was thinking of the similarities to UAS, and put it here. Maybe I should have posted it in General Discussions. Anyway, if any of the Mods, or the Rockers for that matter, want to move it, that would be fine with me.

When I posted this I was thinking of the similarities to UAS, and put it here. Maybe I should have posted it in General Discussions. Anyway, if any of the Mods, or the Rockers for that matter, want to move it, that would be fine with me.

Rockers and Mods :)

Moved to "General Discussion".

JJ

Ha very funny. That used to be me. I've done 15 MS150s and several other long distance rides. However in the recent 2 years our band has been able to book a bunch more gigs so we stay busy practicing and playing gigs. Someday I will get back on my bike.

As for UAS or the related GAS since my wife is our bass player (and has BAS) we have no problems there. :agree:

If you think UAS, GAS or BAS is bad you should live with a Fiber Fanatic. OMG! Their creed is "The one who dies with the most Fiber Wins", Pins saying "Fiber Slut" in Rhinestones! They go the WHole nine yards - Which is the amount of woven Fiber required for a Kilt.

My house is filled with it! My garage is filled with it! I'm starting to get nervous. My wife is enviously eying the empty firehouse down the Street.

I used to say it was cheaper than therapy. Its Not!!!. I'm older and wiser now. When Susan comes home with a dump truck filled with fiber I go out and buy another ukulele.

Edit: Banjo Acquisition Syndrome

If you think UAS, GAS or BAS is bad you should live with a Fiber Fanatic. OMG! Their creed is "The one who dies with the most Fiber Wins", Pins saying "Fiber Slut" in Rhinestones! They go the WHole nine yards - Which is the amount of woven Fiber required for a Kilt.

My house is filled with it! My garage is filled with it! I'm starting to get nervous. My wife is enviously eying the empty firehouse down the Street.

I used to say it was cheaper than therapy. Its Not!!!. I'm older and wiser now. When Susan comes home with a dump truck filled with fiber I go out and buy another ukulele.

Buying more fiber is also called S.E.X. - Stash Enhancement eXperience.

My spouse can't complain - he's a spinner and a weaver and has his own stash, although mine is bigger.

The solution? We're building a new out building.

My wife and I were big into bicycling at one time, years ago. That article actually sort of described us fifteen or twenty years ago. But as time passed, I started looking at myself in colorful lycra, looking like an ugly bicycling advertisement for some product I didn't even use, and I started toning things down a little. I still ride bicycles all the time. It is my main form of transportation around town in the summer, and in the winter in PR. For several years I worked at an aquatic center during the summer and rode to work every day. But I've winnowed our bicycle collection down to one Cannondale each, and I've thrown away all of my lycra, and most of the accoutrements that I persuaded myself to buy and never used. My wife still has the shoes that snap onto the pedals, but I'm good with old fashion toe clips and a pair or running shoes. My bicycling attire consists these days of just regular clothing. Nothing bicycle specific, just shorts and a t shirt. Bicycling, and the fortune I spent on it, is one of the reasons I am very careful not to get swallowed up by UAS. I learned my lesson. That, and fishing. Fishing is the worst.

Last edited:

I crochet and knit...and make hair accessories out of old clothes we don't wear anymore. I have to limit myself to 2 storage totes. One for yarn, and one for the fabric from old clothes. If I'm out and about shopping, and I see yarn....if it can't fit in that tote, then I don't need it. It's a limit I had to set for myself. I also have converted our spare bedroom into a small art studio for our family to enjoy. So, I do have more space for the art supplies...but if I can't keep it organized in there...then we don't need anymore.

This cycling link cracked me up. I see people riding their bicycles in these clothing and I think it's cool that they have found a hobby that makes them feel good. I wish that all the roads were more accommodating for their safety. I use to put a lot of miles on my bicycle when I lived in Indianapolis. Now that I live in the boonies, I don't feel safe riding it. The roads are too narrow and the ditches are too deep around here. I'm scared of getting hit. But when I did ride, I just rode a cruiser bike and whatever clothes I had on that day.

and 15 cats in a ramshackle Victorian house, and you just described my childhood.

It is kind of funny (or not,) name the hobby or interest and you see folks dive in whole hog. It's just fill in the blank...AS.

It is kind of funny (or not,) name the hobby or interest and you see folks dive in whole hog. It's just fill in the blank...AS.

Like me with comic books years ago. CBAS. Going to conventions, flea markets, retailer quarter sales. The thrill of the hunt. But after paring down and losing most interest, today i have only one longbox full. Kind of like d3b7, if new comics wont fit in the longbox, i dont need them.

Top Bottom