Thread: 50 dollar electric guitalele?

Default 50 dollar electric guitalele?

As some of you may know, Rondo music has some really good deals on their item. Recently, they released a guitar for children.

HTML Code:
    http://www.rondomusic.com/dog.html
    This "guitar" has a smaller scale and is tuned-
    Guess what?
    ADGCEA
    Just like a guitalele.
    This might sound ridiculous, but I have heard positive reviews about this and I'm heavily considering buying it. Anyone else? I think if you replace pickups and change to nylon strings you got yourself a beautiful prop guitalele.
    Last edited by omeed00; 12-15-2014 at 04:43 PM.

unfortunately the pickups are magnetic so a new pickup system would have to be fitted probably to the bridge. Thankfully there's a truss rod so you could use that to account for the dramatically lower tension. The biggest issue would be the extremely narrow nut width of this.

I wish they would release the same body as an electric 4 string ukulele. That would only require a different bridge and a differently cut nut. But it would compete with the vorson electrics.

Update: I don't think this has a truss rod so no you couldn't get away with changing out the strings to nylons.
    Last edited by bnolsen; 12-15-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: oops correction
    In order of play time: Martin OXK, Lanikai LU21B, Islander MT4, Rubin Sopranino

Ah I see. Thank you very much!

Thread Information