$100 Cordoba 15CM all lam mahogany uke Review.

Thanks for posting. They are one of the best sounding all-laminate concerts out there.

I had the CM10, got it for $99, with a gig bag. I loved it, but didn't know a darn thing about ukes. When it developed buzzing, and the repair guy at Sam Ash couldn't get them out, I sold it. Now I wish I'd kept it. It was very durable, and sounded great, had a very comfortable neck. The guy I sold it to still plays it.....

One of my students has a 15cm, another has the up100 I think, and I've been duly impressed. Both were bought from guitar center, no setup straight out of box, but the action was pretty good and the sound was nice and warm, full rounded tone, very guitar like. The abalone on the 15cm was a nice touch! The 15cm was one of the ukes I looked at purchasing for the classroom but unfortunately couldn't find a vendor with that kind of supply. With a good setup I think it is a fine option.

Is there a vendor that does a quality setup on the 15cm? HMS used to carry them but does not anymore due to quality control issues from cordoba.

Ive read a drop of oil can help on the geared tuners. I have a tube of gun grease I brush a tiny bit on each gear of my open tuners. Ive also just discovered Martin 600's as something other than Aquila strings. They might make a inexpensive ukulele sound better than the aquilas.

I would get the set up locally if you could instead of relying on a vendor(that way you can evaluate if your instrument even needs it before paying for it.) I would be surprised if there was a 100 dollar uke that couldn't use it. In my case the work was so minimal I refuse to let someone charge me to do it.

All this is if you don't just buy a uke for the price of 150 dollars that won't need a set up like an Ohana. I couldn't commit that much money for it when just starting out so I had to go with the best on the wall at my price. Of course YMMV as always.

A setup through a shop local will cost around $100 itself.

Man, makes HMS look might awesome now, I've got enough solid mainlands to play with, but I could use a quality setup laminate to play with. To think HMS used to offer the 15cm with their setup for $100, unreal.

Top Bottom