Season 149 ~ Gift Us With a Song

myrnaukelele

Reaction score

Winter Solstice is tomorrow. It is a sacred day for many and much anticipated and celebrated especially here in the North Country.
Chanukah has begun and Christmas is just a few days away.
Tis the Season for joy and love and light. And gift giving.

This Season: Gift us with a song. Any song. It does NOT need to be a holiday song. It simply needs to be played from the heart. It can be a song you just learned, one you wrote, one you've been working on forever or just a song you love and want to share with us. It can be simply you and you uke or a multi-tracked extravaganza.
Give us all the gift of your song this Season.

Everyone who shares a song this week will receive a small random gift in return. When you post your song (a new song recorded especially for this week - recording more than one is fine- any new song you post will go on the Gift Playlist) just PM me here on UU with your mailing address. Expect a small gift in the mail (probably after the New Year since our Post Office is short staffed at the moment and the lines are crazy).

No posting until tomorrow (Midnight Hawaii Time/1AM Alaska Time/2AM Pacific Time/3AM Mountain Time/4AM Central Time/5AM Eastern Time and the rest of you are on your own).

And because it Tis the Season and some of you are REALLY having fun with the Holiday tunes there will be a Holiday Song Playlist - these can be older songs.
And because we know you'll want to share some of your best songs (which may have been done in the past) there is also a bonus playlist. Limit the Bonus songs to three- your three best.:)

Gift Us a Songhttp://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa0rFxLGSfiupF5_Vt-Qg6epGm3bPECXP
Holiday Songshttp://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa0rFxLGSfitTKQ9Dmj-2PE_D-tPofBbk
Old Songs for the Bonus Playlisthttp://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLa0rFxLGSfivxhoVjcKIzhcZkGpSXgVGD
Have fun everyone and happiest of holidays to all!

Last edited:
One song only? Or can we do more?

Also, must be only for this Season? I've been working on an original holiday song for Pabrizzer's contest that would be my perfect holiday gift for my fellow Seasonistas. Can I enter it in both places, or no?

Oh ... I missed the video before ... sweet video!
Thanks for welcoming us into your holiday home, Myrna.

Last edited:
One song only? Or can we do more?

You can gift us with as many songs as you like. But only new songs recorded especially for this Season will go in the Gift Playlist.
Maybe I should make a Bonus Playlist as well for old songs people would like to share with us. Done.
One gift per person no matter how many songs you submit.

Last edited:
Myrna, Something about that opening vid had me in tears. I must be a holiday sap...a sentimental holiday sap. I loved that and this is a great idea just when are brains are dead form overload you give is a no-brainer. Thanks for that:)

Happy Holiday to Everyone!

I love your video, and I love the wide-open theme. That's a gift to us!

Also, must be only for this Season? I've been working on an original holiday song for Pabrizzer's contest that would be my perfect holiday gift for my fellow Seasonistas. Can I enter it in both places, or no?
Posting in both places will be fine. I've got one for pabrizzer I'll be posting here too.

I loved that and this is a great idea just when our brains are dead from overload you give us a no-brainer. Thanks for that:)
I love your video, and I love the wide-open theme. That's a gift to us!
Thanks you guys. That's a special video for me too since my beautiful Gypsy is no longer alive. And I love Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians. This is a holiday song you seldom hear.
When I thought about this week's theme I wanted to keep it simple. Most people are going to be REALLY busy with the holidays. Including me. So the simple gift of a song- any song- seemed like the way to go.

Unless you have all the time in the world to view a million old "Gifts" I would keep it simple. You may likely cause yourself a landslide. :)

Ha! I'm going to let it be a free-for-all. I'll watch and comment on all new vids. As for the rest...it's simply an opportunity to share vids you are proud of with all of us. We can all watch and comment if/when we have time.
I've just put a limit on the Bonuses - the THREE vids you consider to be your best work. These do not necessarily need to have been done for the Seasons.

Last edited:
Bless you, Myrna!

With your video and theme, you have brought a smile to my face, and light to my heart. No small achievement right now. I look forward to sharing a little song soon that brings me peace in these challenging days.

With gratitude,

Casey

Bless you, Myrna!
With your video and theme, you have brought a smile to my face, and light to my heart. No small achievement right now. I look forward to sharing a little song soon that brings me peace in these challenging days.
With gratitude,
Casey
Casey- I'm looking forward to your song. The darkest day is over. May the Solstice sun shine warm and bright. Light love joy and happiness to you - Myrna

Found this one when looking for songs by 'experienced' musicians for Tootler's season.
Carry On by JJ Cale. A song with a message I liked.

Recorded this afternoon for your season Myrna.

Last edited:
A bonus as not recorded specifically for this season.
One I wrote this month - an attempt at writing a traditional "Baby Jesus" type Christmas song.
From the animals in the stable perspective.
Sheep's Carol.

Jock o' Hazeldean

So here we have a young girl who is in love with a young man, but a wealthy man wants her
to marry his son. He promises her wealth and position and all manner of possessions but still
she longs for someone else. The big day comes and all the guests are in the church waiting
for the bride to arrive, but she never turns up since she has eloped over the border and
escaped with her lover.

This is a bonus and it is also a sing-a-long since the words and chords are in the video.
It is one of my favourite songs, and it gives me the shivers to sing it. Choose love.

Top Bottom