Hawaii's getting closer

quiltingshirley

Reaction score
Got an email about the upcoming Hawaiian Ukulele Cruise with Mike Lynch and his wife. It's only a couple of months away and it's starting to seem close. (I booked it months and months ago) We're looking forward to playing ukuleles all the time. We'll have morning and afternoon classes with Mike (this is separate from the free ship's lessons), and jamming whenever. We know several folks who have booked this . When you go to CA Uke Academy in the Mountains and such you just keep running into folks that'll be there. There are 12 of us just in the local area here. (Most of these folks are from the Islands living in CA so they really can sing the Hawaiian words. Not like us, if we don't go slow, we leave out half the vowels and it sounds like nothing you'd recognize.)

I think I'd better make sure I can play those "important" chords that Mike likes to use.

Aloha Shirley..
Have a great time in hawaii and the cruise. I'm just outside waikkiki, happy strummings

Thanks Stan. We're so loud I'm sure you'll hear us. Bill and I aren't very good but we are enthusiastic and the other local folks with us are good. We're going to the pearl place in Waikiki to meet with Kimo Hussey and then hang around. Ship gets in at 7 AM and doesn't have to be boarded till 10:30 that night. Should make for a fun day.

Shirley, it sounds like a great cruise. I have sailed this itinerary and loved it. I wanted to do this one but you had to book through Mike's travel agent to be allowed to attend his classes, which would be fine except I own a travel agency and would have had to pay hundreds of dollars more not being able to book it myself, so we picked a different sailing instead. Have a wonderful time, I am sure you will, it sounds like a lot of fun...the Kimo Hussey tour in particular.:)

Top Bottom