Mainland Tenor Cutaway

UkeRepublic has 49 different Ohanas, MIMS has many, many duplicate listings for the same model, therefore, not a bigger selection. I"d say they are about equal give or take a few either way, including setups and service. You can't go wrong with either.

She does have a bigger selection. Her Ohana stock is just depleted because of the holidays. Uke Republic is out of stock on many Ohana models as well.

Roflmao!!!!

kakapenguin, you put in your order 2.5 days ago and you're chomping at the bit to get your uke already?

Two pieces of advice: 1. Never order a custom instrument.
2. Amazon has drone delivery in 2018 that might interest you.

;) chillax, friend. It'll be a great uke when it gets there.

Damn! I didn't realize that you were the "Mike" of Mainland! (uke noob is me). Many thanks for chiming in! and great to hear! I'm totally stoked to get my hands on this Uke! (my first)

(not so patiently waiting) rusty

;)

Oh! and I appreciate the concern for the weather re: shipping
ta

With the extreme cold the past few days, we thought it best to delay shipping. I think you'll go out Monday.

Last edited:
Quote Originally Posted by Uke182 View Post
I know your Mainland is on the way, but I have and preferred this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIM-Ohana-Te...-/171640645055

The ukes I've gotten from Mim were better set up too.

And you think THIS is what an excited soon-to-be-new-uke-owner wants to hear? Sheeeeezzzz...... I believe his new Mainland will be awesome, and the set up Mike's boys/gals did on my new Mainland was stellar.

Last edited:
Being honest, my wife and I each own an Ohana and yes, I am affiliated with them. :) I truly believe that they're probably the best China factory import brand. I am also excited to say that I'll be attending NAMM next week and I'll be working at the Ohana booth and hang out with all of my 'ukulele friends. Woo hoo!

May wanna take a close look at your sales pitch ... you just sorta pissed off a couple of very satisfied Mainland owners :p

Quote Originally Posted by Uke182 View Post
I know your Mainland is on the way, but I have and preferred this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIM-Ohana-Te...-/171640645055

And you think THIS is what an excited soon-to-be-new-uke-owner wants to hear? Sheeeeezzzz...... I believe his new Mainland will be awesome, and the set up Mike's boys/gals did on my new Mainland was stellar.

Ooops, didn't see the post that he already bought it.

Last edited:
Say what you will.....

I LUSTED after the Mainland tenor cutaway. And, while not exactly an ukulele snob, I do have pretty high standards as far as tone goes.

OP -- you are gonna love it.

Say what you will.....

I LUSTED after the Mainland tenor cutaway. And, while not exactly an ukulele snob, I do have pretty high standards as far as tone goes.

OP -- you are gonna love it.

THAT's what the OP wants to hear! I just received my 1st Mainland last week ... and considering ordering another. GREAT company to work with, and incredible value for the $. And their set up is top-notch (and I'm not in any way affiliated with Mainland ... wish I was)

Until I have the Uke in my hands I can only go by what peeps have to say about this Uke and the company, and I've found mostly positive words written. Uke182 obviously has a vested interest in propping his co., so I'm not really paying any attention to his opinion regarding this Mainland. That Ohana Tenor looks like a great instrument btw, and I did consider it. I think within my budget and experience I've made a good choice. That is entirely due to all the vast ocean of information all you kind Uke folks have posted here. So thank you all once again for your collective guidance and advice.

cheers!
rusty

Last edited:
Top Bottom