Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: transition to guitalele - chord fingering help please!

It surprises me that no one mentioned that you can just play the guitalele just as you play guitar and not worry about what key you are in. That is unless you are playing with others. Then you need to transpose. I solved the problem by buying the EADGBE set of strings made for guitalele. Now everything I played on guitar I can play on guitalele, only easier since the instrument is much smaller.

I tried the EADGBE set on my Romero Creations guitalele and, while it worked, they were rather dull and floppy and just weren't fun to play. So I keep it tuned to ADGCEA and it really pops ah lick. It's just as nice at Terz guitar pitch, GCFA#DG, but a little easier to play. But, yeah, for solo style playing I just play it like my full sized guitars. If I jam with other musicians I know native requinto/ukulele chords and notes pretty well and don't have to transpose. Usually improvising so I don't need to think too much unless I have to read off a lead sheet.

I just got a guitalele over a week ago and I'm still learning to get the hang of playing with two extra strings.

Thread Information