Visit to HMS

Uke Heaven for sure. Worth the drive. I visit every July and stay with my in laws in Kailua. Like most who post here I can' pass by any shop that has ukes. HMS is the best of the bunch and also a really good bunch of guys. Lot's of great places to eat in Haleiwa, funny thing is my wife and I almost always end up at L&L. She's kama'aina and can't pass up a local plate lunch. You can take the girl out of Hawaii but you can never take Hawaii out of the girl.
We have a L & L here and the whole car groaned when we passed it after we ate. I couldn't get them to try the shrimp truck area. I thought it looked good with lots of people but the look on their faces, except for the 5 year old & me.

After reading everyone experience at HMS. I wish I tried more uku. I just thought I supposed to wait for Aaron to pull them off the wall for me. I am too short to grab the few nice one hung from the ceiling . I did touch the tiny tenor which I like but the head looks kind of strange. The Asain made KoAloha body don't feel like wood but sound pretty amazing.

I notice my purchased uku is built in September 2014.. I think it's pretty crazy and amazing if some of you remember you have actually played it between Sept to Jan.2?

I tried the twin of what you bought and really liked it. It was the Kanike I was writing about. Nice uke.

I am looking forward to walking into the store some day soon.

At 6'5", not sure there isn't a ukulele I couldn't reach and play for an extended period of time. I have told my wife I will need about 4 hours.

I think I would feel like a mosquito at a nudist beach. Where do you start, when it all looks great! lol.

I tried the twin of what you bought and really liked it. It was the Kanike I was writing about. Nice uke.

Funny enough, I think my twin that you played could be the one the factory was building when I was at Kanilea's . The owner pointed at one that was labelled for HMS , 'almost' ready to ship.

Top Bottom