2015: What is on your list to calm your UAS?

Lymana concert with sunburst finish, abalone purfling and rosette, diamond shaped fret markers. I'm going to scrimp and save all this year!

Just picked up a new Griffin tenor Brian built for me. Tight grained redwood top/East Indian Rosewood b/s with a sound port and a thin, fast low action mahogany neck. I had it strung with Dirks CM metal strings but found it lacking so changed to his HL/RW's. Yowser what a difference. He does a french polish so I may try to get the top sprayed with a light coat of nitro spray to protect it better.

Toby Chennell from Jazzbox ukes will be building me an archtop cutaway baritone starting very soon Then I'm done. I'd like to get down to three tenors and two baritones so will be selling a few later.

If anything, a Martin CK-1 concert ukulele. However, this year I may have to upgrade my worn out digital stage piano...and that will cost an arm and a leg (looking at the Roland RD-800, for those of you who are into such stuff). Probably no new ukulele for me in 2015....UAS or no UAS...alas.

I haven't wanted to make a commitment in writing before, but in April it will be a year since I started playing the ukulele. I am planning to buy a Mainland mahogany concert, with a Mi-Si pickup. That should put an end to my UAS. I really can't see buying more ukes after that.

After six years of trying and tasting every uke out there, I think I'm finally done. I have some wonderful instruments and pretty much want for nothing!

I'm done with UAS. I have all I want.

All right, who am I kidding?

1. Moore Bettah
2. Kamaka HF-3 Deluxe
3. Custom Boat Paddle ML Tenor (should Jerry ever decide to do customs again)
4. Koaloha Black Label Solid Body Tenor

I have to agree with Rich above.:agree: I've been downsizing for the past year. Maybe because I already have the top three on Andy's list. :)

I'm probably gonna get a Kala or Lanikai glossy, shiny 8 string in April. I just love the way they sound, and then I think I'm done. I'll have one for everything I like to play. We'll see . . . :eek:ld:

After six years of trying and tasting every uke out there, I think I'm finally done. I have some wonderful instruments and pretty much want for nothing!

That is a nice place to be RichM. Simple math gives me another 5 years of buying, trying and tasting to get to where you are. :cheers:

The upcoming new Ohana Taropatch. - CK35-8 ???

Rich is my hero. ;-)

I'm not off to a bad start. In under a year and a half I've owned quite a few 'ukes already. I'm still broadening my horizons and don't know that any one in particular would quell my UAS, but on my horizon are a Kinnard large body soprano (ordered) and a Beau Hannam Player's Model Baritone (ordered).

Since I play concert scale most often, I dream of owning a concert-sized Moore Bettah. I'm also hoping that some day LFdM and Hive also make concert-sized 'ukes but both currently only make tenor.

Since I play concert scale most often, I dream of owning a concert-sized Moore Bettah. I'm also hoping that some day LFdM and Hive also make concert-sized 'ukes but both currently only make tenor.
Chuck makes concerts, but not very often (even by his standard of 40ish total ukes a year). They are out there, but as rare as hen's teeth. Good luck to you; it is possible to find one with dedication.

Dkcrown is my hero!

Last edited:
Chuck makes concerts, but not very often (even by his standard of 40ish total ukes a year). They are out there, but as rare as hen,s teeth. Good luck to you; it is possible to find one with dedication.

Dkcrown is my hero!

Yep, I knew Chuck makes them once in a while. It's LFdM and Hive that do not, but I hope they eventually will.

Rich is my hero. ;-)

I'm not off to a bad start. In under a year and a half I've owned quite a few 'ukes already. I'm still broadening my horizons and don't know that any one in particular would quell my UAS, but on my horizon are a Kinnard large body soprano (ordered) and a Beau Hannam Player's Model Baritone (ordered).

Holy smokes you have good taste in ukuleles. I just checked out Beau Hannam's page. Those ukes look and sound incredible. If I could afford it I think I would stop making my own decisions about uke purchases and just buy everything you buy.

Rich is my hero. ;-)

If you want a fabulous concert-sized ukulele you should definitely consider one from Pete Howlett in Wales. I don't even play concerts but I ordered a Concert Vita from Pete after seeing and hearing the one he made for Katysax, who compares Pete's work with some of the builders you mentioned.

Last edited:
Holy smokes you have good taste in ukuleles. I just checked out Beau Hannam's page. Those ukes look and sound incredible. If I could afford it I think I would stop making my own decisions about uke purchases and just buy everything you buy.

Ha, Doug. We seem to have very similar tastes. And with already two nice transactions between us, I'd be happy to do more business in the future! I'm happy to procure for you if you help me play like you. ;-)

Top Bottom