Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Turner?

Default Rick Turner?

I've not met or spoken with Rick Turner, but I've enjoyed reading his posts and learning from them. I bought one of his instruments from a UU member. It's great.

He took a bit of a beating recently both here and on other forums. Perhaps because of that, he hasn't posted on UU recently.

I hope he decides eventually to become active on the UU forums again.

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post
    Me too. His posts could be brusque, but I liked reading what he had to say and have learned a lot from him.

Come back, Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by good_uke_boy View Post
    I've not met or spoken with Rick Turner, but I've enjoyed reading his posts and learning from them. I bought one of his instruments from a UU member. It's great.

He took a bit of a beating recently both here and on other forums. Perhaps because of that, he hasn't posted on UU recently.

I read the threads on both sites. I hold no judgements and would love to have one of his guitars or ukes. They are just out of my price range. I have never had a chance to play one of his instruments.
    Last edited by Debby; 01-25-2015 at 01:25 PM.

I've come to enjoy Mr. Turner's contributions to the forums and I appreciate the wealth of knowledge he shares with us here. I was sorry to read that he was having problems with his operations and I'm hopeful he will get things on a sound footing again.
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Hippie Dribble Guest

Can't speak for his guitars, but as far as CR ukes go, I have played 3 and been very unimpressed. Heavy builds, muted sound, clunky neck profiles and poor weight distribution. Like you fellas, I also hope the ongoing issues with the company are sorted.
    Last edited by Hippie Dribble; 01-25-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Rick is just being nice.......but there may be hidden answers. You just have to look for them in his past posts...

So... Put on your damned glasses and read: as he advised Dick and search for them in this link:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/...archid=6830993

12-06-2014, 01:46 AM
    Thread: Pegheds on a Vintage Martin?
    by Rick Turner Replies 68
    Views 1,869

UpDown Dick, Come on now. Put on your damned glasses and read:

11-18-2014, 11:36 AM #18
    Rick Turner
    Senior Member Join Date Jul 2009
    Location Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts 2,694

That's right, Jenny, some here prefer to let misinformation stand because it's just not nice to correct people, right?

and.......

11-14-2014, 11:25 AM #2
    Senior Member Join Date Jul 2009
    Location Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts 2,694
    [I]This is kind of "Deja vu all over again". Check the archives for pages of this stuff.

And D3B7 if you think his Ukuleles are expensive don't try to hire a guy to leaf blow in Florida or in California then!

12-03-2014, 01:17 AM
    Thread: I have a new luthier/repair guy!
    by Rick Turner Replies 9
    Views 323

Luthiers in Florida or California make about as much as that guy down the street with the leaf blower.

They just have real high overhead I guess.....
    Last edited by Larry D.; 01-25-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    You don't have to be "touched" to play the ukulele....but it helps!

Not to pull a scab or anything..

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie Dribble View Post
    Can't speak for his guitars, but as far as CR ukes go, I have played 3 and been very unimpressed. Heavy builds, muted sound, clunky neck profiles and poor weight distribution.
    While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I have to say my perspective on CR ukes is completely different. I have played 5 or 6 and have owned two (including my walnut one which is a keeper). I have found them to be some of the liveliest and loudest ukes I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    While everyone is entitled to an opinion, I have to say my perspective on CR ukes is completely different. I have played 5 or 6 and have owned two (including my walnut one which is a keeper). I have found them to be some of the liveliest and loudest ukes I've ever played.
    I agree with Rich. My CR is lively and loud (in a good way). My cherrywood CR is one of my top ukes, a life-time keeper. Mine is a flamed cherry, made in 2010.

BTW Saw on FB Rick is really busy finishing up a batch of guitars. So, probably he hasn't time to comment and post right now.
    Last edited by Doc_J; 01-26-2015 at 02:14 AM.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Hippie Dribble Guest

Yep, I realise my opinion is not in the majority here, nonetheless I still wanted to express it honestly. Perhaps it was the strings. Perhaps it's just a personal preference in terms of feel and tone. No doubting the experience of the builder or the aesthetic quality of the instruments. Just not for me. Cheers fellas.

Thread Information