Uke strap with Pineapple images/patterns?

steel rider

Reaction score
I'm guessing someone has done this research already. I'm going for a theme here. :) Anyone know where I can get a standard uke strap (not leash, thong, etc) with some slick pineapples on it?

Thanks!

Check with Fleapluckin_Flapper here on UU. She has been making some custom straps for people. She may be able to get the material for this.

Do you want a leather strap? Perhaps someone with a name like The Crafted Cow would make one for you. He would need to know how wide you want it...what weight of leather...what colour of the background and the foreground. He has a black Hawaiian sand pineapple on the case of his Brad Donaldson myrtle case. It could be scanned and made to fit on whatever width strap you have in mind. That shape could also be cut out so the color of the pineapple(s) would be whatever you are wearing.

He is currently working on an anatomically correct strap from two thicknesses of soft leather sewn together. He has a hat and a beret made from random sized pieces of material used to cover some dining room chairs. On the front panel is an inch high pineapple pin with gold leaves and an amber faceted pineapple body.

He teaches adult ed upholstery classes three evening a week, so he is as competent with fabrics as he is with leather. thecraftedcow@Comcast.net (yes...he is me)

Do you want a leather strap? Perhaps someone with a name like The Crafted Cow would make one for you. He would need to know how wide you want it...what weight of leather...what colour of the background and the foreground. He has a black Hawaiian sand pineapple on the case of his Brad Donaldson myrtle case. It could be scanned and made to fit on whatever width strap you have in mind. That shape could also be cut out so the color of the pineapple(s) would be whatever you are wearing.

He is currently working on an anatomically correct strap from two thicknesses of soft leather sewn together. He has a hat and a beret made from random sized pieces of material used to cover some dining room chairs. On the front panel is an inch high pineapple pin with gold leaves and an amber faceted pineapple body.

He teaches adult ed upholstery classes three evening a week, so he is as competent with fabrics as he is with leather. thecraftedcow@Comcast.net (yes...he is me)

He sounds...interesting. The idea sounds cool but I'm hoping for something in the lower price range. To me $30 is pricey for a strap but OK if it's a cool/unique one. I personally don't see the value in paying more and am guessing yours would be a piece of art commanding a (not undeserved) higher price tag. If not then sure let me know!

Thanks

I have been blessed to have what began as a hobby turn into a business, yet still have the "hobby feeling." Intentionally no price was mentioned, because I don't know length-width- colour or what material you want. Your request intrigues me. Amateur is French word meaning one who does for the love of it. Professional means one who gets paid for it. Can a person be a professional amateur or an amateur professional? No......I am not intrigued enough to pay you to make your strap, but enough to find out what you have in mind and see what you can get for your $30.00 to pay me to have a good time. What kind of a price can someone put on helping someone else's idea become a reality? Yes...he is interesting. One of his other hobbies is raising dwarf Nigerian goats. It is a dairy and a pet herd. The cheeses he makes are delicious. The cheesecakes are spectacular! The goats are however not ukulele lovers. Whenever he plays for them he gets baaaaaaaad reviews. thecraftecow@comcast.net Why don't you cruise the fabric stores on your island and see what's available, and I'll do the same up here. I'll also call Vern to find out where they got the fabric for their chairs (and my brimmed hat and beret with pineapples centered in each panel)

Steel Rider,let me see what I can find in the way of fabric for you. I make straps for ukuleles & mandolins. I do ask for half payment any custom order I do to cover the cost of the fabric. Let me know.My cost for straps is $23 + shipping.

Hey Steel Rider, your mailbox is full. Fleapluckin_Flapper is trying to send you a message with some pineapple prints she has found.

Got my strap

Got my strap from Mandolinbabe (fleapluckin_flapper) today and it is top notch! I'm not sure it's "masculin" enough but I did pick the pattern. She was great to work with and pretty fast, and it's the most comfortable strap I've tried. Check it out!
(Seems you'll have to stand on your head to see it right. Sorry)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Top Bottom