Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have found THE ONE!!!

Default i have found THE ONE!!!

well actually i found the "four" so to speak.... so i have been searching for that perfect set of strings for a while now and i have gone through Aquila's(yuck), worth browns (so so), Martin clears (TERRIBLE), D'Adario Pro Arte's (Real Nice but not mellow enough) and many other no name off brand strings until i stumbled upon the Fremont Fluorocarbon Black Line MGM sells.

I ordered them last week some time and have been waiting patiently for them to come in the mail and they came today!!! Strung em up let them settle and let me tell you.... AWESOME! they feel great, have awesome action and the tone is to die for! IM SERIOUS! The intonation is spot one! Im sure they will mellow out over time but they are amazing!

Try them out you wont be disappointed! oh also when you string them up however you tie them to the bridge make sure you melt the ends so they dont slip out!!
    "Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by UkEdman90 View Post
    well actually i found the "four" so to speak.... so i have been searching for that perfect set of strings for a while now and i have gone through Aquila's(yuck), worth browns (so so), Martin clears (TERRIBLE), D'Adario Pro Arte's (Real Nice but not mellow enough) and many other no name off brand strings until i stumbled upon the Fremont Fluorocarbon Black Line MGM sells.

I ordered them last week some time and have been waiting patiently for them to come in the mail and they came today!!! Strung em up let them settle and let me tell you.... AWESOME! they feel great, have awesome action and the tone is to die for! IM SERIOUS! The intonation is spot one! Im sure they will mellow out over time but they are amazing!

Try them out you wont be disappointed! oh also when you string them up however you tie them to the bridge make sure you melt the ends so they dont slip out!!
    I thought the same on my Ko'olau Tenor. They were great off the bat and such. As I had them on though, the intonation up the neck got worse and went quite flat.

I really hope they work for you though! Sounds like they are.
    Purchase my new solo album HERE!
    Check out my YouTube
    www.mattukulele.com

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpingflea View Post
    I thought the same on my Ko'olau Tenor. They were great off the bat and such. As I had them on though, the intonation up the neck got worse and went quite flat.

I really hope they work for you though! Sounds like they are.
    yeah i will see haha
    "Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."

-Mark Twain

I didn't know that Fremonts were that different from Worths, considering they're both fluorocarbon. Congrats on finding the right strings, though, and I hope they continue to be the right ones. Not knowing which strings are best on your uke is pretty frustrating.

Yeah, Fremont is good people. Righteous strings. Now all we gotta do is get them to lower their prices a bit and we're all set. Check out Worth Clear sometime though. I love 'em.
    Last edited by HoldinCoffee; 03-02-2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Did you know that Bushman is now in the uke string business? I got a set and put them on my Mainland concert and they sound good. Haven't compared them to other strings, but they seem to be in the same ballpark as other makes...
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

I know zilch about uke strings, but learning on here. I do know about guitar strings and all are not created equal. I've tried every string out and when you find the "ones" you know it. Also sometimes I get that magical set where the tone lasts forever. When gigging my electrics I change strings every show, no more than two shows depending on wear and tone.

I'd like to see a list of sthe uke strings with notes to each type, that's help newbies like me out here.

I second that ^(above)

MY BABIES: Kamaka HF-2 (concert) && Kala KA-S (standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    It's silly to own more than one uke. Period.
    No comment....

Zebco makes some real strong strang.

"It's not on a map, it's right on your lap" ~ Sailor Jim

UkeRepublic.com
    FaceBook Fan Page
    YouTube Channel

I've been using D'Addario strings on baritones for a while and I love them. I used to use GHS on baritones. On concerts and sopranos, I have Aquila Nylguts... I like them, but to each, his or her own.
    Ukulele Player is Still ONLINE.... you can find it here:

https://archive.org/details/issue30_201712
    (Ukulele Player Magazine)
    Ukulele Player Magazine STORE...
    http://www.zazzle.com/ukeplayermagazine

Thread Information