Where the DAVES are...songs by, for, and about people named Dave

Ladies and gentlemen,
let's give a nice round of applause for two Seasonista regulars doing songs written by a DAVE!

Dougf has flown in from the west coast to meet with his Attorney Bernie.

Jazzbanjorex had his flight delayed and he's in the lounge with a Scotch and Soda.

Last edited:
Our old acquaintance is NOT forgot—I invited our fun friend Dave Withers to appear.

Here he performs a DOUBLE DAVE number: Ukey Dave sings Because by the Dave Clark Five.

I had been working on a tune for TCK for this thread. That has been put on hold. However, TCK did an amazing tribute to UkeyDave where he wrote his own lyrics to honor our missing friend. I loved it so much. I decided to insert myself into his video. I hope he didn't mind.
Here's me playing with Dave in honor of Dave.

"Hang Me, Oh Hand Me" made famous by Dave Van Ronk and more recently in the movie "Inside Lewyn Davis" a movie based loosely on his experiences.

This was a sort of untraditional approach to the song with slide on baritone ukulele.

"Hang Me, Oh Hand Me" made famous by Dave Van Ronk and more recently in the movie "Inside Lewyn Davis" a movie based loosely on his experiences.
This was a sort of untraditional approach to the song with slide on baritone ukulele.

Loved your take on this one Andrew.
I gave it a pretty bland go a while ago.

Loved your take on this one Andrew.
I gave it a pretty bland go a while ago.

Ummm ...Pa .....Two words I would never put together in the same sentence are "Pabrizzer" and "Bland"......oooooh nnnno.....

This song—Message to You, Ukey Dave—is wonderful. It’s such a sweet, loving performance.
It’s a DOUBLE DAVE—sung by Dave L. for Ukey Dave—with sideman Sean singing backup. Further credit to Berni, who spurred them to write new lyrics, and I believe there’s a winemaker off camera playing the melodica.

Andrew, you ROCK this David Byrne song. It looks like a Matthew McConaghay Lincoln commercial, but it’s got several beautifully crafted tracks to make it a rich performance. I especially like the picked track, which sounds like a Spanish guitar.

Then, you flip the channel and do a Dave Van Ronk whiney, slidey-baritone country song. The slide really adds a nice tone to the song, like the guy can’t keep a grip on things. Well, he is about to be hanged.

And for proof that there can be several very effective performances of a song, Brian brings a mournful vocal performance fine bari playing for the Dave Van Ronk song. This would sound perfect around a campfire.

Myrna presents a pop tune from Hal David from one of the earliest weeks of the Seasons. She’s really good friends with that baritone uke. Note that she’s in a wool hat but has a Hawaiian dancer next to her.

Last edited:
My dear friend Dave Laurice (TCK) hosted Tribute Week for season 122. He has turned me onto so many songs I now love through his involvement with the seasons as well as with his radio show. Here is one such song. When Dave announced the theme that week, this was the first thing that came to mind, in honor of TCK.
Hope this puts a smile on your face brother.

Yip, yip, hooray for the Alphabutt song! A tribute song for TCK from Sean and his UkuleleGigglers. Oh, Dadddd…..

Lynda your low vocal in this is absolutely eurythmic. I see you’re powered by Superman behind you.
Great song by Dave Stewart and Annie Lennox.

Early posts...

Please take a listen to La Perdrix' Dave Grohl song on Soundcloud. He has the French songs thread and posts a lot there, but he sings in English well too.

And tenderhearted Linda has posted her tribute to UkeyDave, Sweet Pea.

So many Daves so little time. I've got a song to play for Daveey at some point, but I felt a strong urge to play this for TCK today. As I mentioned before, I can never repay him for introducing me to so many wonderful songs in the time that I've known him. This is one of my favorites. Wish I could do it justice.
There's a reward Dave.

Sean, in his second-favorite studio, plays a salute to TCK/Dave. He's so bold in his commitment to the song that he doesn't notice any other parents waiting at the elementary school. Students, this is the focus one needs to have to be a serious musician.

Sean and Dave are uking best buds though they're hundreds of miles apart. Sean and Dave, Seam and Dave...or wait, is it Sam and Dave...? Hold on, that sounds like a couple soul men...

Here is a song that was written and sung by Dave Grohl for his band Foo Fighters.

I also wanted to put this here in honor of UkeyDave. It was the last video I posted that he called "Brilliant!"

Two genius videos Markwo....super playing...and as you referenced Ukey Dave , I thought of this ...it was not done for the Seasons ,I cobbled this together and put it up in the same afternoon ...Dave showed his true generosity and commented......

Last edited:
Markwo—pointing at you, man—invites viewers into his music room for a mellow Dave Grohl song. He put thought, heart and multiple tracks into it. A very pleasing performance of Walking After You, a song about the persistence of a person in love.

Markwo now performs in his art room, this time a dreamy lullaby-waltz as a tribute to our departed-but-present friend Ukey Dave, who had admired it. Pay especial attention to the picked track in the instrumental break.
Anyone thinking that a lie-down would be just right about now?

CeeJay makes an appearance with a complex instrumental, Yeux Noirs (Black Eyes), that shows great dexterity and flexibility on the fretboard. It has lots of change between picking and strumming, and several tempo changes. He dedicates this UkeyDave, who had praised it.

Top Bottom