Where the DAVES are...songs by, for, and about people named Dave

As I said in Ukey Dave tribute week, Dave and I corresponded over this one. The original also happens to be by The Dave Clark Five

And, I wasn't sure I had anything else in my old vids, but you did mention David Bowie

A rocking duet rolls out a multitrack SKA number for our next act, with erivel and brother Cave doing Dave Wakeling’s Mirror in the Bathroom. Cave is a triple-threat backup, with vocal, bass and percussion.
I know you want to dance, but we already have more people here than the room can hold, so please keep your seats.

Another 80s favorite from erivel. Madonna watches over his shoulder as he does a multitrack Strangelove written by Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan. The black and white gives the video a nice vintage look. Like the chunking?

There’s no holding back when a Van Halen song wants to come out…here’s erivel channeling David Lee Roth in Little Guitars. Great triple strums in there, and a burning outro.
Give it up for a fine set by erivel….that’s erivel! Let’s hope he stops by again later in the show.

Yay, Rustyy! In his White Room, he plays a Double Dave song: Dave Clark Five’s At the Scene sung for Ukey Dave. Pay special attention to his second track, which features a percussion line and a call-and-response vocal. Don't you love it?

Oh, yes, let’s stay in the 60s for a while longer and drift through space with David Bowie’s Space Oddity.
Ground control to Rustyy: Stay on course!

I made this video in tribute to a version of this song done previously by ~~davewave~~

No stranger to our stage, uke4ia brings a tribute to our friend ~dave~~wave~ (I know, it’s hard to keep the punctuation straight on that name). We have entered a purple haze of some sort, maybe it’s just 1969.
I’m sorry, but I’m going to ask you to refrain from smoking weed in here…the fire code is tough on us.

Welcome to a new face in this venue: aspieman456, which is the launch code for Dave McMillin, who brings out a favorite from his performance vault, a big Tom Petty hit—a song for which Tom Petty gets all the songwriting credit (ha). Put your hands together for this performer!

Since Ginny has asked me to contribute to this thread, here's a video I did for the Ukey Dave tribute season, so several of you will probably have seen it already.

I have another song that will fit this thread that I've been working on off and on for some time now. Maybe it's time to get a recording done.

I need to do something for Season 155 first, though and my plans for this week have had a bit of a setback as my wife had a rather nasty fall down some stairs yesterday so I spent yesterday afternoon in A & E at the local hospital. Fortunately no bones broken but a very sore wife just now :(

Excuse me for glancing over the rules slightly, I should've read it over. My mind was somewhere else instead when this was posted. Anyway, thank you for that wonderful comment on my cover.

aspieman, you didn't go outside the guidelines. I was making a joke about music-world news from last week, in which a songwriter who copied a Tom Petty riff was required to give him partial songwriting credit. The song you did was fully written by Tom. You couldn't tell that the emcee was joking...my fault. No problem at all. Come back with another song.

Since Ginny has asked me to contribute to this thread, here's a video I did for the Ukey Dave tribute season, so several of you will probably have seen it already.

I need to do something for Season 155 first, though and my plans for this week have had a bit of a setback as my wife had a rather nasty fall down some stairs yesterday so I spent yesterday afternoon in A & E at the local hospital. Fortunately no bones broken but a very sore wife just now :(

Geoff, I'm sorry about your wife's injury, and I hope she is better soon. Maybe a little flute-playing by her bedside will cheer her up. The tribute to Ukey Dave is absolutely super. See you again soon.

One of my favorite songs, played for a friend who is going through some of the same s** I am...If I could capture the love I feel for the attic man and send it to him, I would. I would wrap it in a Ukulele case and finish it off with a 1946 Martin...because he is that incredible.
Instead, a song.

God love ya mate. Know these arms are always folding around you. I reckon here we are safe from a delete...though you will never see it. Just know I love ya.

And all the way from Down Under, pabrizzer is here with a salute to ~Dave~~Wave~!
Hatted and glassed and bongo-ed like a beatnik, he shows how cool he can be playing Cold, Cold, Cold.

And now, a Double Dave song that was a hit in the UK, US and Australia—Oasis' Wonderwall!

Played as a tribute/love offering from Cloverdale Dave to Ukuleledaveey. We've dimmed the lights here on stage to keep the focus on the gentle, but deep lyrics. Sending out the best of vibes to both you guys!

This was a tiple rendition of David Bowie's theme song from the movie "Cat People".

Top Bottom