Reaction score
Happy NUD Day To Me!
Happy NUD Day Tooo Meeee!!!!

You know the rest of the song.

I went in to a local music store today for strings and
look at what I found...

DSC02833.jpg

a KoAloha pineapple born in October, 2006

Not what I expected. This store is primarily a guitar and drum shop with a smattering of low to mid level ukes.

I knew better but played her anyway.
She had the sweetest chime-like voice with the power of church bells behind it.

'Never had a uke speak to me this strongly before and she definitely knew what to say.
So I went home and got some cash (no paper trail for swmbo) and two ukes that deserved more play time.
With some horse trading and a little cash she came home with me.

So not only did I buy a new uke, I actually sold two! That deserves a pat on the back because I didn't think that it was possible for me.
I have given some away but never sold anything.
Let me tell you, my heart was racing when we shook on the deal.

After being home and playing her for a while, I realized something...
I never got the strings!!

Thanks for taking the time to share my happy day!

Score! Congrats!

Nice find. Hope you don't have much else to do this weekend!

Dem strings can wait

Wait a minute, if it didn't have strings, how could it have "the sweetest chime-like voice with the power of church bells?" or did they actually take off the strings that were on it?

I think he went in to buy just strings but came out with a ukulele instead and forgot to even buy strings. :) wow kohanmike, your ukulele collection is getting larger, did you aquiare all that just last year? oh is that mahogany mandolin a concert scale or tenor?
Wait a minute, if it didn't have strings, how could it have "the sweetest chime-like voice with the power of church bells?" or did they actually take off the strings that were on it?

Last edited:
Sweet find! KoAlohas sure can sing. There's something magic in them.
Joe

When a uke speaks to you.......really speaks to you it MUST be acquired. While done, great story with a happy ending. Enjoy your new baby for many years to come

Sweet, I see you have got your priorities straight! You can get strings anytime. LOL

Top Bottom