Wireless Microphone

brUKEman

Reaction score
I currently have a Kustom PA50 and a Roland AC33. I am looking for a reasonably priced wireless mike to use in our senior center performances. Is anyone currently using one or is aware of a deal on one.

no deals I am aware of, but more info from you will get better recommendations specific to your purpose

vocal mic or instrument mic?

walking around, or on a mic stand?

how many people will use the mic at the same time?

are you intending to plug the mic into the PA50, AC33 or BOTH at the same time? (for that you'd need a mixer that has dual outputs)

IIRC, las time I was looking the least expensive 'handheld' cardioid vocal mic, with the required radio reciever was either a Samson or Behringer, starting @ ~$129.

I remember seeing A VocoPro unit, which had 2 actual mics, each on their own channel, bundled with a single receiver that handled both mics, and was ~$199, they sell it as a 'karaoke' mic, but it should work fine for vocals and ukes.

I have not used any of these myself, as I tend to go a little higher end with either AKG or Electrovoice, but their prices tend to start ~@$399...

If you are in the USA, check out sweetwater.com, the have free shipping and free 2 yr warranty on everything they sell, and are in Fort Wayne, IN, (centrally located) so shipping to most points in the USA is 3 days. Also, I've found that B&H Photo in NYC (bhphoto.com) is often like 20% cheaper than almost every other audio dealer, offers free shipping and also has a HUGE selection of all kids of microphones. Both sites run deals every week.

OTOH, For a wired mic, many folks will probably tell you to just get a Shure SM58 or SM57, but they offer a cheaper model that has the same capsule and electronics that is about half the price, the Shure PG48 and PG47, Shure also makes wireless versions of these, but they start @ ~$249.

no deals I am aware of, but more info from you will get better recommendations specific to your purpose

vocal mic or instrument mic?

walking around, or on a mic stand?

how many people will use the mic at the same time?

are you intending to plug the mic into the PA50, AC33 or BOTH at the same time? (for that you'd need a mixer that has dual outputs)

IIRC, las time I was looking the least expensive 'handheld' cardioid vocal mic, with the required radio reciever was either a Samson or Behringer, starting @ ~$129.

I remember seeing A VocoPro unit, which had 2 actual mics, each on their own channel, bundled with a single receiver that handled both mics, and was ~$199, they sell it as a 'karaoke' mic, but it should work fine for vocals and ukes.

I have not used any of these myself, as I tend to go a little higher end with either AKG or Electrovoice, but their prices tend to start ~@$399...

If you are in the USA, check out sweetwater.com, the have free shipping and free 2 yr warranty on everything they sell, and are in Fort Wayne, IN, (centrally located) so shipping to most points in the USA is 3 days. Also, I've found that B&H Photo in NYC (bhphoto.com) is often like 20% cheaper than almost every other audio dealer, offers free shipping and also has a HUGE selection of all kids of microphones. Both sites run deals every week.

OTOH, For a wired mic, many folks will probably tell you to just get a Shure SM58 or SM57, but they offer a cheaper model that has the same capsule and electronics that is about half the price, the Shure PG48 and PG47, Shure also makes wireless versions of these, but they start @ ~$249.

Exactly. FYI, we went digital with line6. The signal very rarely but sometimes gets blocked, so placement of the receiver is important, but the vocal quality is great. My wife, our bass player and soprano, uses a wireless headset mic, a countryman, along with a Sennheiser transmitter and receiver.

We also sometimes use line6 wireless guitar systems.

We are happy with all of these. However, you need to examine your circumstance and budget and do what is best for you.

The purpose of the wireless mic would be to use it when we play nursing homes. I would like to walk around the room (while my group plays) and put the mic in front of the residents to sing a couple of words as it brings them into the show.
Also, is there any way to hook up a uke to a wireless mic if it doesn't have a pickup on it. I am new to this side of performing, so all info would be appreciated. I need nothing fancy, just functional and durable.

Thanks......

Top Bottom