sopranos or concerts with a 14-fret join?

I think this is exactly what I was trying to remember the luthier telling me several years ago.

With ukes as with everything in life - there are definitely exceptions to all rules!

It makes sense when it's a figure 8 as the bridged is placed on the widest part of the lower bout but with a pineapple, I don't know if it would matter as much.

Thanks! You know, the headstock bothers me a lot less on a pineapple (or Pineapple Sunday, or Sceptre) than it does on a figure-8. I guess I'm finally learning that looks aren't everything!

It's spiky, like the top of a real pineapple: ��

Glad you like your new uke! KoAlohas sound so nice.

How interesting! I had never thought of that. Thanks for the explanations! :) Now I want a 14th-fret joint too hehe.

Now I want a 14th-fret joint too hehe.

Ha, silly me. Just realised 4 of my ukes have a 14th-fret joint. I had just never noticed! lol

Ha, silly me. Just realised 4 of my ukes have a 14th-fret joint. I had just never noticed! lol

LOL! That either means you have amazing finger dexterity and can play anything, anywhere; or, perhaps, you don't play that far up the neck all that much :)

LOL! That either means you have amazing finger dexterity and can play anything, anywhere; or, perhaps, you don't play that far up the neck all that much :)

The latter ;) I rarely go that far up hehe.

But I guess I can actually reply to your original question then (hurray!). Of these, the Barnes & Mullins BMUK2C is a concert-size with that joint (click on it in my signature for more info). Very good uke, but uneven quality control, so if you were to get one you should definitely try it first. I love mine very much.

If you're into banjo ukes, the Gold Tone BUS (soprano size) has that too. Best banjo uke I've ever tried.

Top Bottom