SOTUDesigns Tshirts

Will these gents /ladies do any design ?...or does there have to be a minimum run ...I always wanted a Tee Shirt with one of my own crappy cartoons on !!

I have a Plinkety Plink T on the way in Extra Fat Ba****d....might not be for me of course.....might be for one of the cats !!

CeeJay. I would love to have a shirt with your art on it. Ill bet others would too. If you have something in mind I can put it together for you. Just let me know through PM and Ill get it going.

Last edited:
Will these gents /ladies do any design ?...or does there have to be a minimum run ...I always wanted a Tee Shirt with one of my own crappy cartoons on !!

I have a Plinkety Plink T on the way in Extra Fat Ba****d....might not be for me of course.....might be for one of the cats !!

I really think you should open your own store.

Hey, I myself have a few items available on Redbubble and Skreened. You should start your own "store" on one of the sites and make a few dollars off your art. I myself prefer a site that doesn't allow much customization by the client. Shirts are a bit more expensive on Skreened but you can do two sided shirts there. The black shirts printed through Skreened the colors are much brighter through them than Redbubble as well.

The profit is pretty pitiful maybe $4 a shirt so its a get rich very slowly plan! To add insult to injury site wide sales cut into your profit. For example one $4 profit is now $3 the other $2.80 due to site sales. Depending how you choose to get paid also effects this for example Skreened releases your money to you after 45 days. You can choose to get a check every $50 or get paid every sale through paypal. My simple mind reads paypal is $.30+ a % so thats a hell of a chunk off of $2.80 lol.

If you do not advertise your "store" or have a niche market dont expect very much. But! There is no feeling like getting an email saying you made a sale and another $14+ is being added to your next check. I wrote out a reply here yesterday and in doing so realized I never set my payment options in Skreened and actually sold two shirts. In getting that straight I saw many replies and didn't post mine. Last night before bed I checked my email and realized I made almost $15 from sales on Redbubble earlier that very evening.

If that is your artwork it is good! I'm a tad jealous of your talent. I can imagine it selling well on plain white tee shirts. The beauty of these sites is there is no overhead and no work. All you do is create artwork and sell designs. No client list no dealing with cash or credit no shipping just make a few dollars while enjoying other things in life.

Your signature at the bottom of your reply is a great place to advertise these things as well as the shameless promotion thread and anywhere you spend time telling others about your experiences like here. hehe This is my public shop my other two are for another forum I sponsor. These are digital and digitized sketches and artwork I did as experiments and others I just had lying around and said why not? If I sell one item I'm doing well! I have entertained ideas of creating ukulele themed items just haven't made the time yet.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/inksplosive/shop

Last edited:
CeeJay,
The Zazzle store that is set up here is set to as little % profit as I could make it. The money made will go to charity but if you want to set up a personal store of your own anywhere or through Zazzle I will add your url to the opening of the thread if you like.

Last edited:
CeeJay,
The Zazzle store that is set up here is set to as little % profit as I could make it. The money made will go to charity but if you want to set up a personal store of your own anywhere or through Zazzle I will add your url to the opening of the thread if you like.

Oh, being a bear of very little brain I don't fully understand the ins and outs of the business side or anything like that . I appreciate Inkplosive's
inputs and everybodies nice comments ....I just would like to get farty elephant on a tee so I can wear him to lunch and if anyone else wants one and it makes some money for charity (as long as it ain't them pesky Polar Bears ) then that's fine ...(ach ...even the Polar Bears are cool )

so ..what do I need to do Linda ?...help ...I am a buffoon with a pencil ....

Oh, being a bear of very little brain I don't fully understand the ins and outs of the business side or anything like that . I appreciate Inkplosive's
inputs and everybodies nice comments ....I just would like to get farty elephant on a tee so I can wear him to lunch and if anyone else wants one and it makes some money for charity (as long as it ain't them pesky Polar Bears ) then that's fine ...(ach ...even the Polar Bears are cool )

so ..what do I need to do Linda ?...help ...I am a buffoon with a pencil ....

Just send me the pic via email or dropbox and I will put it on a shirt. If you can make it so it can be blown up that would be great. BEV had to do that with her Plinketee (See what I did there). Ill PM you my email address and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
Plinketee (See what I did there)
:bowdown:

and yes my plinkety plinketee design was a very small pic with very low resolution, we had to enlarge it on the computer and re-submit the new size to fool them them into printing it the size I wanted on the t-shirt! all extremely low tech but then so am i

Well Looky here http://www.zazzle.com/bananas-235263106645856685
the size was already fine. If this meets your approval it will show up in the store within 24 hours.

Im assuming it does meet your approval so expect to see it there:)

Well , Bodger Me , lookit an elephant on a tee shirt , I gotta get me one of those .

Thanks .

PS Oh Look ...I just bought one ....wasn't that easy peasy...

Last edited:
Well , Bodger Me , lookit an elephant on a tee shirt , I gotta get me one of those .

Thanks .

PS Oh Look ...I just bought one ....wasn't that easy peasy...

how freakin awesome. Any chance of getting one designed sans the big black frame?

how freakin awesome. Any chance of getting one designed sans the big black frame?

Voila

If Linda can just magic this one into the shop and use this one instead ...or as well ....You have a point Hippie D ...it looks better sans box.

Cheers

Chris J

If you could send me (pm for email address) the full quality I could magic (literally, it's called the magic wand tool) out the white bg, or else you'll have a big white box when you use a non white shirt.

I think the Zazzle customisation tool lets you do that ...you can buy the boxed version just as a black lined drawing straight on to a shirt .

It looks better without the box .

Last edited:
CeeJay, Bubbly is right. If you want just the line drawing with no white box, that can be done, but it takes a graphics guy to get it that way. Bubbly is your man. I will make the one with no line box frame around it and put it in the store. If you email the pic to Bubbly he can fix it and we can have both options up for you:)

Okay dokay ...

I am setting up a "shop" in the UK as well , as the postage is a bit eye watering to old Blighty....I haven't got a clue what I'm doing though ...I'll probably reduce the garment industry to tatters and rags in a couple of weeks.

LOL.....

Thanks for all the help.;)

Actually Bubbly may be able to lift it from the thread like you did as it is on Photobuttock.........bucket.....oops....it's all electronic now as I don't know where the hard copy is ...probably in my shed somewhere ..oops.

If you could send me (pm for email address) the full quality I could magic (literally, it's called the magic wand tool) out the white bg, or else you'll have a big white box when you use a non white shirt.

Can you lift the image from the thread , that is all I have now just the electronic version . Or do you want a specific dimension , size and resolution ?

Top Bottom