L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015: Guinness World Records Attempt with Tia Carrere & Daniel Ho

facemeltingukulele

Reaction score
L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015: Guinness World Records Attempt with Tia Carrere & Daniel Ho

Aloha UUers! The L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015: Guinness World Records Attempt is coming your way on April 18, 2015! All of the day's activities are FREE, including an `Ukulele Play-Along World Record Attempt and a Concert featuring GRAMMY winners Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho (11:30am-1:00pm), followed by performances on the community stage on Noguchi Plaza at the JACCC in Downtown L.A. Jam along with 2000+ `ukulele players, break a world record, and enjoy music by two GRAMMY winners all before lunch! Hope to see some UUers there!

L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015: Guinness World Records Attempt
APRIL 18, 2015

The Japanese American Cultural and Community Center and its resident `ukulele cafe - U-Space - present the L.A. Ukulele Play-Along Guinness World Records Attempt for largest `ukulele ensemble, led by GRAMMY winners Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho. Join us and play along to the official event song, "Pua I Ka Ua" (Flowers in the Rain) from Tia and Daniel's GRAMMY award winning album, Huana Ke Aloha. DOWNLOAD the song sheet for "Pua I Ka Ua" Grab your ‘ukulele or purchase one at the Expo and bring a few friends! The L.A. UKULELE EXPO is the gathering place for all things `Ukulele!

FREE `Ukulele Play-Along World Record Attempt + Concert featuring Tia Carrere & Daniel Ho (11:30am – 1:00pm)
*Registration for the World Record Attempt begins at 9:30am.
JACCC Plaza, 244 S. San Pedro St. Los Angeles, CA 90012

REGISTER HERE

LAukuleleEXPO.com
facebook.com/LAukuleleEXPO
twitter.com/LAukuleleEXPO

Last edited:
Good luck and have fun!

Please post a vid of it for us folk freezing are @$$ off up north

I've been posting about this event on UU a number of times, glad to continue it here. Looking forward to the record attempt and concert (had a big crush on Tia after seeing her in "Rising Sun" some years ago). I just hope I can get to the Santa Monica Ukulele Festival in time to perform with the CC Strummers at 1:30p at Santa Monica High.

Aloha UUers!

PRE-ORDER the Official L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015 World Record Attempt T-SHIRT and SAVE with a special EARLY BIRD discount, exclusively on EventBrite. The design features the two chords used in playing the official event song, "Pua I Ka Ua" (Flowers in the Rain) from Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho's GRAMMY award-winning album, Huana Ke Aloha. T-shirt orders will be available for pick-up at Will Call on the day of the event. Preview the T-Shirt design HERE

Also, stay tuned for more play-along video tutorials of the official event song, including an intermediate strum tutorial and full song demo, coming soon...
VIDEO: Beginner Strum 101 L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015 Official Song Tutorial
DOWNLOAD the official Song Sheet HERE

PRE-REGISTER HERE
for expedited check-in on the BIG DAY and to receive exclusive news and information leading up to APRIL 18, 2015!

L.A. UKULELE EXPO 2015: Guinness World Records Attempt
Featuring GRAMMY winners, Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho

SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2015 Schedule:

*Admission is FREE, an `ukulele is required to participate. Bring your `uke or purchase one at the Expo and be a part of history in the making!

9:30 a.m. Registration to participate in the record attempt opens.
11:30 a.m. World Record Attempt program starts with basic `ukulele instruction and a practice play-along, followed by the record attempt and a special 30-minute concert for participants by GRAMMY winners, Tia Carrere and Daniel Ho.

Join us and be a part of history in the making!

LAukuleleEXPO.com
FOLLOW:
facebook.com/LAukuleleEXPO
twitter.com/LAukuleleEXPO

This was a nice event. Got to meet Daniel and Tia. They were very friendly people. They made themselves available for autographs before and after the event. Tia also invited everyone in the audience up on stage for the last song (Doobie Brothers' Listen to the Music) if they wanted to. The staff members were very enthusiastic and helpful. Our fellow audience members were also very upbeat and chatty while we waited to start.
My kid and I stayed until the end, then went to Pink's for lunch before heading home.

Top Bottom