Advice needed re: microphone and acoustic pickup for live performance

studemobile

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have just purchased a Roland Street Cube amp. My goal is to play a few Framers Markets singing with uke accompaniment. Now that I have the amp I need to finish getting ready. Now I am a Senior so simplicity is key. Maybe a vocal mike with an extender arm for a instrument mike? I have not decided which of my 4 ukes I will use so I'm not ready to have a dedicated pickup installed. Maybe one of those stick on's? As far as vocals, I'm thinking a traditional mike will allow me to move away slightly when stretching vs a over the ear type? Money is also a concern.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Stu

I would seriously not use a mic for the uke when you're playing live. It's far too hard to make it sound consistent, especially if you are singing. I have an oyster piezo (stick-on) mic on one of my cheap ukes and it's brill for live work. When you get one, don't just stick it on. First try it out with the amp by moving it around the soundboard when it's plugged into the amp. you will hear where the sweet spot is. Usually just behind the bridge.
I hope that's helpful.
Jesus. I just noticed you posted this last July ha ha ha. Sorry no-one got back sooner!

Top Bottom