Moore Bettah Book release

I mentioned it on FB but I think it would be great if you sold 300 raffle tix at $50 with the grand prize being a new MBU. First, you will pay Chuck for the cost of the uke and the remaining proceeds will be used for production of the book (including salary to you and Chuck). Wouldn't it be great if someone can own a MBU for $50!

Of course Chuck would have to agree to make a uke. ;)

haha Cool I think you miss the point...:)

how can it be a book on Moore Bettah Ukuleles with other Ukes in it.....Staci not in it for money..she doing because she wants to do it....strange where everyone trying to tell her what to do..i met Staci and she is a very smart woman and has her own mind...when it comes to business and street smarts she way ahead of me and I am not afraid to admit it..

my 2 cents

I think you miss the point sir and are being overly defensive. "Everyone" is not trying to "tell her what to do". On the contrary, we are having a discussion and putting forward respectful suggestions because we are supportive of what she is doing and genuinely excited about the project she has shared with us. And no one said she was not intelligent or had her own mind. Seriously man WTF.

I think it's a great idea. I have 2 books which are somewhat similar. One is about Moto Guzzi motorcycles and the other is stories from folks who have actually met one of the Beatles. In each instance the subject is something really unique (Guzzis, Beatles).........as are Chuck's ukuleles. Count me in.

I would love to have one of your books Staci!
I would love even more to have a Moore Bettah so I could have it in the book, LOL!

I would love to have one of your books Staci!
I would love even more to have a Moore Bettah so I could have it in the book, LOL!

Thanks Nickie. ;) So far we have about twenty owners that have agreed to be interviewed, so I think the owner chapter will be quite fun to write. It is really enjoyable reading everyone's comments about their ukes, and their relationship with Chuck.

I will be very happy if u keep me in the loop. I just won the auction and will get my dream uke. But it may take a few days, coz I have to wait until my friend who lives in the US to bring back this beautiful uke to me. I think I will share my story about my Moore Bettah uke sometime, but not now. English isn't my mother tongue so I guess it takes time for me to share my story. I have to spend time to translate my language into English ;P So pleased to join MB family :)

Thanks Nickie. ;) So far we have about twenty owners that have agreed to be interviewed, so I think the owner chapter will be quite fun to write. It is really enjoyable reading everyone's comments about their ukes, and their relationship with Chuck.

I'm almost done. :-D

I will be very happy if u keep me in the loop. I just won the auction and will get my dream uke. But it may take a few days, coz I have to wait until my friend who lives in the US to bring back this beautiful uke to me. I think I will share my story about my Moore Bettah uke sometime, but not now. English isn't my mother tongue so I guess it takes time for me to share my story. I have to spend time to translate my language into English ;P So pleased to join MB family :)

Send me a private message with your email address if you would like to be included so I can email the list of questions to you. And congratulations again on your new uke, I am sure you will love it. How exciting!

I'm almost done. :-D

Yay! I can't wait to get yours - your questionnaire is one of the ones I have been most looking forward to reading. :)

I don't own a MB yet but would love to have this book. Uke p*** is the best. :)

Just wanted to give an update on this book project. The book is completed and now available for purchase through a Kickstarter campaign. It is an 80 page coffee-table style book that gives a behind the scenes look at the building of a Moore Bettah ukulele, through Chuck's own words and photos during the build process. It also interviews numerous MB owners about their ukes, and finally has a section all about the ukulele submitted for the 2016 Ukulele Guild of Hawaii show - Wailele, a uke three years in the making.

I want to give a sincere thank you to all the owners that participated. This never would have happened without you. And I cannot thank Chuck enough for the inspiration, permission and access.

Unfortunately it costs almost $100 per unit to publish, so we started the Kickstarter to get enough funding for a limited order publication. Our goal was 50 copies, we are hoping for 100. Each copy is $89 and they will be personally autographed by Chuck. I know it is expensive, and I am sorry for that, but it costs a lot to print an 80 page coffee table book. :(

The Kickstarter ends on February 5th and the order will be placed then. The books will be shipped to Chuck for autographing and I will pick them up from him and mail them in March. You can see more details on Chuck's website.

Here are a couple photos and the Kickstarter link. Note the title has since been changed to Building and Owning a Bettah Ukuelele. :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1977358934/making-and-owning-a-bettah-ukulele?ref=email

Last edited:
Hi Stan thank you but this should be in the Shameless Self Promotion section, merging this with that thread.

Half the threads shouldn't be on Uke Talk but we all put them there since it gets the most eyes! I guess as a mod, you have to call foul on your own work. It's OK as we know your work was selfless and we are all the benefeciaries of this book. Of course, Chuck deserves some credit too :p

Half the threads shouldn't be on Uke Talk but we all put them there since it gets the most eyes! I guess as a mod, you have to call foul on your own work. It's OK as we know your work was selfless and we are all the benefeciaries of this book. Of course, Chuck deserves some credit too :p

Ha hah yeah I know Daniel! :) But as a mod, I don't feel comfortable with it in anything but Shameless. :)

Top Bottom