All these guitar related posts......

Me too. We could be on the verge of a guitar boom... :p

I'm getting mine out ...again....

Guitar .:eek:

I took my medicine.. Now I feel better, huh? why my uke has six strings?? Aargh..
Most of people here plays both guitar and ukulele. It's nice to read guitar related topics.

A lot of us also play guitar. A lot of guitar materials and techniques are adaptable to the uke. No need to get nervous.

LOL, you guys almost made me spray coffee....
I'm not gonna let a big ol bully guitar scare me! I'll just play louder and I'll win, right?

Guitar related posts? :confused:

Everything is an ukulele..
I played uke first, then guitar.. i didnt learn to play guitar as though it was completely new. Practically it was a bigger uke with more strings.

Same with when I learned Bass.

Now im learning violin... just another uke, with an alternative tuning and is bowed xD

In my experience playing guitar is a lot more work and a lot less fun than playing ukulele, and that's all I have to say about that. :)

In my experience playing guitar is a lot more work and a lot less fun than playing ukulele, and that's all I have to say about that. :)

agreed, wholeheartedly...:shaka:

Try a Tenor Guitar - four strings, big body (comparatively) feel and big body sound. Best of both worlds!

Not interested in a guitar unless it's a Hawaiian lap steel. :shaka:

I played other instruments in the past, and still own two clarinets and a tenor saxophone. I think about selling them, because I don't play, but they have too much sentimental value. I've never played guitar, except for the occasional strum.

Just because of a lack of other threads to post on, and because I'm sitting here waiting for the plumber to get done and present me with his bill, I've got plenty of time to respond. I have a guitar in the basement that belongs to my daughter. I don't think that she ever learned to play it and it has set down there for years. There is a book inside the case that is a beginner's "learn to play the guitar" type book. Over the years, I pulled that guitar out of the case on occasion, along with the book, sat down, messed with it for five or ten minutes, then put it back. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. Then I discovered the ukulele, bought one, and I have played it almost every day since. I can't get enough of it. What's the difference? I don't know. But I have no interest at all in playing a guitar.

When people ask about my ukes. I tell them my archtops had babies.

I'm not seeing very many posts specifically about guitars, the ones that mention it are about the transition to uke usually. I've posted a number of times that I played guitar for 50 years, and since I started on uke 18 months ago, I've applied myself to it more in that time than in 20 years to my guitars, and I haven't touched my guitars since.

I like that this forum is for and about the ukulele, if it becomes about other instruments, I will be disappointed.

I'm not seeing very many posts specifically about guitars, the ones that mention it are about the transition to uke usually. I've posted a number of times that I played guitar for 50 years, and since I started on uke 18 months ago, I've applied myself to it more in that time than in 20 years to my guitars, and I haven't touched my guitars since.

I like that this forum is for and about the ukulele, if it becomes about other instruments, I will be disappointed.
Me too. I don't care much about guitars, or how they compare to ukes. I'm not a well versed musician, just a ukulele player.

I mostly agree with Rllink. Guitars never ever did it for me. But now that I've been getting more into ukulele and doing more classical fingerstyle (thanks to tony mizen, etc), I get somewhat curious about maybe trying to learn some classical picking. That usually disappears when I pick up a 6 string classical guitar (or guitalele) and try to play any chords on it and realize I absolutely don't have the girl hands to pull it off.

I think I may see a shallow body tenor strung low g somewhere in my future though. Hopefully one that avoids the low-g boominess.

Top Bottom