All these guitar related posts......

There is no fear from my end. I have sold two Martin from my collection and purchased four ukes this past month.

But in saying that, I will never give away playing guitars/guitars, especially Martin guitars. I have worked too hard to get to where I am too let it all walk away. Uku's are just as exciting and sure has a place in my stable. Not to fear.

LOL, you guys almost made me spray coffee....
I'm not gonna let a big ol bully guitar scare me! I'll just play louder and I'll win, right?

It depends: does your amplifier go up to 11?

Ukes got me into smaller guitars-

which I found I actually play easier and faster then

When you compare a baritone to a short scale small guitar the differences aren't that great then- 19 or 20 inch scale as opposed to 22 or 23"

But I like each for what it is- I still like the popping bell tone of my porous Mahogany Hola soprano, although it's harder for me to play that small- Tenor's a good choice for my old feeble adult hands, that have had fingers broken, while still retaining most of the uke sound I love, and then with the option of high and low G. I play low G usually.

Guitar is more mellow- and I play nylon classical guitars- but I think ukulele may be easier for quick song ideas, guitar for more elaborate composition. I tend to get on a chord and then do some fills with whatever notes my fingers then reach. There's a little more range with 2 extra strings, but a different kind of music than a uke tuning.

Attachments

• DSCF2399.jpg
    DSCF2399.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 14
  • uka3.jpg
    uka3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 6
Funny. All the guitar threads made me pick mine up and give it a whirl again… I put it back after a couple days. It just reminded my why I like uke.

Funny. All the guitar threads made me pick mine up and give it a whirl again… I put it back after a couple days. It just reminded my why I like uke.

I like playing the guitar now only when I am playing with others in a band and someone is singing. Then I bash-strum my guitar to make noise.

I like playing the guitar now only when I am playing with others in a band and someone is singing. Then I bash-strum my guitar to make noise.

Is there any other way to play them ??? That's what I do all the time.....Oh and Gong Xi Phat Choy ....(I hope that's right)

Gong Hei Fatt Choy to you too, CeeJay.

(To everyone else, that's the most common greeting during the Chinese New Year, which takes place right now, actually.)

Top Bottom