Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All these guitar related posts......

In my experience playing guitar is a lot more work and a lot less fun than playing ukulele, and that's all I have to say about that.
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Steedy View Post
    In my experience playing guitar is a lot more work and a lot less fun than playing ukulele, and that's all I have to say about that.
    agreed, wholeheartedly...
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

Try a Tenor Guitar - four strings, big body (comparatively) feel and big body sound. Best of both worlds!
    ...SteveZ

Ukuleles: Martin T1K (T)*, Oscar Schmidt OU28T (T8), Lanikai LU-6 (T6), RISA Solid (C), Effin UkeStart (C), Flea (S)**
    Banjo-Ukes: Duke 10 (T)*, Lanikai LB6-S (S)*
    Tenor Guitars: Martin TEN515, Blueridge BR-40T
    Tenor Banjo: Deering Goodtime 17-Fret
    Mandolin: Burgess (#7)***

Tuning: *Reentrant C CGDA. **DAEB. ***GDAE. The rest are CGDA

The inventory is always in some flux, but that's part of the fun.

Not interested in a guitar unless it's a Hawaiian lap steel.

I played other instruments in the past, and still own two clarinets and a tenor saxophone. I think about selling them, because I don't play, but they have too much sentimental value. I've never played guitar, except for the occasional strum.
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

Just because of a lack of other threads to post on, and because I'm sitting here waiting for the plumber to get done and present me with his bill, I've got plenty of time to respond. I have a guitar in the basement that belongs to my daughter. I don't think that she ever learned to play it and it has set down there for years. There is a book inside the case that is a beginner's "learn to play the guitar" type book. Over the years, I pulled that guitar out of the case on occasion, along with the book, sat down, messed with it for five or ten minutes, then put it back. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. Then I discovered the ukulele, bought one, and I have played it almost every day since. I can't get enough of it. What's the difference? I don't know. But I have no interest at all in playing a guitar.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

When people ask about my ukes. I tell them my archtops had babies.

I'm not seeing very many posts specifically about guitars, the ones that mention it are about the transition to uke usually. I've posted a number of times that I played guitar for 50 years, and since I started on uke 18 months ago, I've applied myself to it more in that time than in 20 years to my guitars, and I haven't touched my guitars since.

I like that this forum is for and about the ukulele, if it becomes about other instruments, I will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I'm not seeing very many posts specifically about guitars, the ones that mention it are about the transition to uke usually. I've posted a number of times that I played guitar for 50 years, and since I started on uke 18 months ago, I've applied myself to it more in that time than in 20 years to my guitars, and I haven't touched my guitars since.

I like that this forum is for and about the ukulele, if it becomes about other instruments, I will be disappointed.
    Me too. I don't care much about guitars, or how they compare to ukes. I'm not a well versed musician, just a ukulele player.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

I mostly agree with Rllink. Guitars never ever did it for me. But now that I've been getting more into ukulele and doing more classical fingerstyle (thanks to tony mizen, etc), I get somewhat curious about maybe trying to learn some classical picking. That usually disappears when I pick up a 6 string classical guitar (or guitalele) and try to play any chords on it and realize I absolutely don't have the girl hands to pull it off.

I think I may see a shallow body tenor strung low g somewhere in my future though. Hopefully one that avoids the low-g boominess.
    In order of play time: Martin OXK, Lanikai LU21B, Islander MT4, Rubin Sopranino

I'm not worried. In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing all of the great ukes that come up for sale as UAS morphs into GAS!

Thread Information