Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KoALANAS coming back

Default KoALANAS coming back

Da mongoose has whispered that KoALANAS ...those imports from koaloha with the unibraces are back by summertime...I hear also they will be in solid koa versions....hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MGM View Post
    Da mongoose has whispered that KoALANAS ...those imports from koaloha with the unibraces are back by summertime...I hear also they will be in solid koa versions....hmmm
    MGM with the scoops!
    Rayan, What you are doing?

I give up with my PM box, just email ryan(at)ukuleleunderground.com

YES Mahaloz!

oooooh! any word on the possible price ranges? ill have to sell a kidney on the black market, but hey if thats what it takes hahaha.

i hear they will be priced competetively with laminates.....

A solid koa version being competitvely priced with laminates...interesting.

I have yet to try a KoAlana...where's Dustin with his inside scoops?

Their website states MSRP $145 but doesn't state what kind of solid wood it is. Either way, that's one heck of a deal. I wonder if they're Hawaiian made or outsourced.

Successful sellers: Nuprin (Mele Tenor Koa/Mahogany Electric on 11/2009)
    Successful buyers: Tomdini (Pono Tenor Mango Cutaway Electric on 10/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSecretBETA View Post
    Their website states MSRP $145 but doesn't state what kind of solid wood it is. Either way, that's one heck of a deal. I wonder if they're Hawaiian made or outsourced.
    With a MSRP of $145 I highly doubt it will be Hawaiian.
    Purchase my new solo album HERE!
    Check out my YouTube
    www.mattukulele.com

I'm pretty sure that KoAlanas are foreign made, and probably setup in Hawaii at best. And by that, it probably means we have Kaneohe Dustin on these forums getting a job other than sanding in the factory: screwing on tuners and putting on strings.

Previous KoAlanas were made in China with Sapele. I had a concert and it sounded very good. The problem was terrible Q.C. Mine had a seriously bad fret job with some of the higher frets sticking out past the fretboard and one actually raised off the fretboard. Hopefully the next batch will be better. They are certainly a great value for the sound they put out, but they do look kind of like knock-off KoAlohas. Then again, they ARE basically authorized KoAloha knock-offs.
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

it would be best to ask Paul. but from what ive heard, we were switching factories, because the last one was doo-doo. its taking a while to switch, which is why koalana's havent been around recently. as far as i know, theyll be made out of solid mahogany, but of course, the Okami's probably have other plans in store (like this other one i cant mention, but is sooooo juicy).
    "It`s great to want to be part of something, but it`s a different thing completely to believe wholly in some type of movement, and to give everything for that something."
    -Brandon Boyd, Incubus

Thread Information