Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any opinion on Enya ukuleles?

Default Any opinion on Enya ukuleles?

I've had my eyes on the EUT-MG6 solid tiger-stripe mango tenor ukulele. Like this one on Aliexpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...262279693.html

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? does the price seem reasonable for these specs for a Chinese ukulele?
    There are no ukulele stores anywhere where I live, so I can only order them online (I don't live in the US).

I don't have any experience with Enya ukuleles, but if you're going to order online, you should really order from one of the trusted ukulele stores and not a random internet site.

Edit: If none of them carry that brand, there probably is a reason for that..

Although it does look cool..
    Last edited by g'est; 02-21-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    KoAloha KTM-00 tenor
    Ohana BK-70R

I order many things from Aliexpress, and got 2 Rubin ukuleles from that site that turned up great, but they were $70, not $400. What I like about aliexpress is that shipping is usually free.

The advert uses the word guitar and ukulele to describe the same instrument!
    Have not bought of Aliexpress but someone who has said the intonation was OK in first position, but intonation was out up the neck.
    If this purchase is important to you, in the sense that you cannot afford to buy an iffy uke, then buy from a respected dealer. There are several on UU who may be able to help with your budget and shipping. I would suggest that you contact them and see what they can do to help.
    I have no experience of these dealers, but there is lots of good feedback for them on UU.
    HMS (Just to clarify this is Hawaii Music Supply, not me, hms are my initials!)
    Mim's Ukes.
    I have no connection to either of these companies.
    I'm sure there are other companies that have good feedback on the forum.
    Good luck on your search.
    h

What country do you live in?
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

I live in Israel, and in a remote part of Israel.
    Most of the music stores here sell Chinese ukes, and for double the price I can buy them on my own online.
    There was one UU user who posted a while ago that he bought a Solid Hawaiian koa Enya uke, and was happy with it, though he never posted a follow up with sound samples.
    I'm not asking about the dealer, I'm asking about the Enya brand, and the specs of the uke I posted, in relation to its price.

Quote Originally Posted by Squalus View Post
    I live in Israel, and in a remote part of Israel.
    Most of the music stores here sell Chinese ukes, and for double the price I can buy them on my own online.
    There was one UU user who posted a while ago that he bought a Solid Hawaiian koa Enya uke, and was happy with it, though he never posted a follow up with sound samples.
    I'm not asking about the dealer, I'm asking about the Enya brand, and the specs of the uke I posted, in relation to its price.
    Well I checked the price of this Enya ukulele on the Chinese equivalence of ebay, Taobao. The price listed on Aliexpress (excluding shipping) is actually 50USD cheaper than Taobao. From what I know this Enya brand is quite new in Southern China and it has not built up its reputation in the Chinese market yet.
    Last edited by chenx2; 03-06-2015 at 08:57 AM.
    ~from East Asia

My Ukuleles all think that Enya is great ....especially the "Shepherds Moon" album....except the Epiphone Les Paul , more sort of blues......this hasn't helped one bit has it ?

I went ahead and ordered it. I will post an update on Uke Talk if and when it arrives.

That looks pretty cool actually. Hope it turns out well for you!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

"I can't rock around the tree unless you rock around with me"

Thread Information