Looking for info on my ukes...

dirtygoat

Reaction score
I've got a Kent Baritone that I believe is from 1970... Plays really well, I have it strung as a tenor and has a great tone...

Also have a Kala KA-KCGE-C that has no electronics and was never issued a serial number.. I was told it was the proto type for this model and was raffled off for a fund raiser event...

Any info would be great...

Thanks, Luey...

11021264_814592305273966_988887742314706243_n.jpg

Hello, Luey, and welcome to UU. I hope you get the information you are looking for from the wise members here on the forums. Those ukuleles both look very nice.

Kent sold low-end instruments in the 50s and 60s. My first electric guitar was a Kent. Most of their stuff was manufactured for them and labelled by Kent. Some of their stuff is collectible now. I can't tell from the photo, but it looks like the baritone is the same as the Lyra/Harmony baritone: mahohany. Not bad, but thin wood and subject to cracking.

Yeah, Ichadwick, that bari looks like our Harmony bari....
Your Kala is very cool looking, never seen that one before....is it a tenor?

It's been awhile... I'm still looking for info on the Kala...

The Kala naming system suggests it should have had an onboard pickup, so it is a prototype or cast-off.
KA-KCGE-C:
- KA: kala
- K: Koa
- C: concert size
- G: (open) gears (actually open headstock)
- E: electronic amplifying system, or on-board equalizer
- C: with a cutaway

There was a version without electronics, but it also lacked the cutaway yours obviously has.

Top Bottom