Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: headless videos

Quote Originally Posted by Inksplosive AL View Post
    Having already become a very popular artist in town back in the mid 90's I made an effort to not become famous and recognizable by strangers. This is almost a joke as I am very recognizable by those who have met me.

There are no pictures of me online there was once one in front of a shop I was working with but that is now gone. The tattoo videos Ive released have no direct face shots in them though you can hear my voice in a couple. A year or so ago the silly sounds/words season I tried recording myself and learned I was much worse than I thought playing and singing, my recording equipment stunk and my shop is anything but quiet its all hums and buzzes.

Here we are now I'm pretty well geared up with a tascam dp 008ex for sound my 3rd or 4th gen ipod films in 1080p so I'm covered there if not I have an old bloggie that I believe also does 1080p not that I need it for YouTube. I just haven't the guts yet and or figured out how I'm going to present myself.

Ive looked into masks and other ways to cover my face, Ive made a camera mount to mount my ipod to my risa stick as well for an interesting view. I dont get the concern really over seeing someones face. I mean they are playing an instrument not selling me anything or hiding their O-face. The walking dead? Really? A younger me might become the Headless Zombie Uker blood and all! Well see what Halloween brings.

~peace~
    If you really want to participate in the Seasons, then please join us. All this worry about how to present yourself is only keeping you from having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by janeray1940 View Post
    I call that my "uke face" It's funny, though, how when I'm at my most happiest - concentrating on playing a challenging piece - I look my most angriest.
    "Uke face!" I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by D3B7 View Post
    If you really want to participate in the Seasons, then please join us. All this worry about how to present yourself is only keeping you from having a good time.
    I do participate in the threads and I do learn a lot and enjoy every week hiding in the shadows with the headless zombies. ;P
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

I think you go to the heart of the matter here Janeray. Women seem to have a lot more self image problems then Men. I think it might have to do with the subservient role women have been forced into for so many centuries. Its not right but there you have it. I've worked with the disabled for many years, As an advocate, trainer, teacher got a lot of them playing musical instruments too. If you can get a kid over their self image as handicapped it usually sticks regardless of gender. I worked with a lot of my female friends in this regard too. It almost never works. I could say I don't know why but I think I do!

If a man is in the woods and no woman is around for ten miles. Is everything he says and everything he does still wrong?
    You tell me!
    "Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

Quote Originally Posted by IamNoMan View Post
    I think you go to the heart of the matter here Janeray. Women seem to have a lot more self image problems then Men. I think it might have to do with the subservient role women have been forced into for so many centuries. Its not right but there you have it. I've worked with the disabled for many years, As an advocate, trainer, teacher got a lot of them playing musical instruments too. If you can get a kid over their self image as handicapped it usually sticks regardless of gender. I worked with a lot of my female friends in this regard too. It almost never works. I could say I don't know why but I think I do!

You tell me!
    I dunno, I don't exactly have a self-image problem that I know of. I just don't like being hassled by creeps!

Headless videos do not bother me at all...ukeless ones might
    Ko'Aloha KTM-00 Tenor
    Kamaka White Label Baritone
    Martin 1T IZ Tenor

Some of my favorite videos are Birds Eye View, so I for one am not bothered. But I understand how it does add a dimension to the performance when you SEE the artist, like Pabrizzer, who is probably my most fave.Folks should do as they please. I know that I am uncomfortable watching myself, so I can relate (am also uncomfortable hearing myself recorded), performing though doesn't bother me. Weird

These have been really interesting replies and I feel I have a better understanding of what motivates peeps to video just their ukes and not their selves when playing. Humm...I just might give the technique a try myself!
    Kamaka Tenor (koa)
    KoAloha Tenor (mango)
    Lone Tree Custom Soprano (hemlock, western maple, pacific yew)
    Lone Tree Custom Tenor (driftwood red cedar, black cherry, western maple)
    Lone Tree ‘Mutt’ Five String Tenor (cedar/spruce top, hickory sides, koa back, birdseye maple fretboard)

Quote Originally Posted by fretie View Post
    These have been really interesting replies and I feel I have a better understanding of what motivates peeps to video just their ukes and not their selves when playing. Humm...I just might give the technique a try myself!
    If making headless videos is a way for you to further enjoy your ukulele, then by all means, DO IT!
    Then, give us s link so that we can enjoy it, too!

I for one would rather see a persons hands than their face while playing the ukulele. I can learn much more watching a persons hands than trying to read emotion or whatever one feels is lacking in the performance from not seeing their face.
    This space reserved for a smart or witty comment or a famous quote. It may also be used to promote my accomplishments should I ever accomplish anything worth sharing.

Thread Information