Ambrosia Maple and Ancient Spruce Tenor

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
This one is a real looker, even if I do say so myself.

Made from an orphaned guitar back set of Ambrosia Maple, paired up with an Ancient Spruce soundboard. Trim in Ebony and Honduran Rosewood. Hipshot tuners and a K&K Aloha twin installed. And yes, it's a lefty.

Ambrosia Maple - Ancient Spruce Tenor-6.jpgAmbrosia Maple - Ancient Spruce Tenor-9.jpgAmbrosia Maple - Ancient Spruce Tenor-4.jpgAmbrosia Maple - Ancient Spruce Tenor-15.jpgAmbrosia Maple - Ancient Spruce Tenor-17.jpg

"I'd sure hate to think I reached perfection. I'd loose the enthusiasm to get up in the morning."

Looks like you wont be moving from your bed until lunch time from now on!

Now that is a beauty, Allen. Gorgeous combination of the ambrosia maple and the "aged" spruce. I'm not normally a fan of dark tops on a lighter colored b/s set, but in this case I would grab it and not let go. How would you describe the sound (compared to a standard spruce top)?

Another outstanding build, Allen.
jaw-dropping.gif

I can't get much of a tune out of this one, being strung up as a lefty it just throughs me.

But the tone from what I can tell is so much more like a mahogany top than spruce.

Truly a stunning piece of art. This is my favourite Barron River in terms of aesthetics. What a fabulous wood match. Oooh, gettin twitchy again...

Any more Ambrosia left Allen?

I have the next consecutive cut to that set. And some other pattern that I've had for about 8 years now. More pinks in it and none of the deep staining like this one has.

Top Bottom