Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Kala KA-ATP-CTG Tenor

I'll take it! $250 to Oregon sounds like a good deal to me.
    Sending PM separately.

Quote Originally Posted by tcstoehr View Post
    I'll take it! $250 to Oregon sounds like a good deal to me.
    Sending PM separately.
    It is a great deal ... the seller has taken excellent care of the Uke ... enjoy!
    How bad is your UAS?

It does seem like a good deal especially considering the case. This will be my FA. (First Acquisition) I don't foresee a problem with UAS. But then again, I suppose nobody ever does until it's too late.

Congratulations, Mr. tcstoehr. I've been considering a slot head tenor recently. I'd love to read a review once you've had it for a few days.
    ===================
    Sopranos: Kamaka Gold Label, Martin S1 (Mexico, currently in violin tuning for my wife), ??Regal?? no-name, Dixie Banjo-lele
    Concerts: Mele Mahogany, Kala Traveler, Kala KA-ACP-CTG (slot head, cedar top, acacia back/sides, low G), Gretsch G9112 Resonator (low G)
    Tenors: Kala KA-ASAC-SP-TGE-C-MM Marcy Marxer, RipTide Mahogany A/E
    Baritone: Silvertone
    U-Bass: Kala Hutch Hutchinson

It does seem like a good deal especially considering the case. This will be my FA. (First Acquisition) I don't foresee a problem with UAS. But then again, I suppose nobody ever does until it's too late.
    UAS will hit you, my friend. As you get a taste for this instrument and then a little bit more ... lol.

But enjoy, it is a great journey.
    How bad is your UAS?

Hey Kukulele, I've made the offer and sent a PM. I've seen you browsing this thread. What's up? Did I miss something?

I'm making a back up offer of $250 to California. If tcstoehr falls through, sell it to me today.

Kukulele, I don't mean to be impatient but could you please respond with the status of this sale. If you have made other arrangements it would be good for me to know.

OP, since you are not actually selling anything, you should at least close this thread.

Closing Threads

OP, since you are not actually selling anything, you should at least close this thread.

Closing Threads
    I agree.

Ordinarily, I do not like to post criticism, nor rain on anyone's parade, however, I feel compelled to chime in here.

I too sent a PM inquiry showing my interest and finally received a reply 4 days later.

This is atypical for the UU Marketplace, most sellers respond within 24 hours as per my own experience.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd expect that an honest seller truly interested in doing business here would be more on top of timely communications, or if unavoidably delayed in replying due to computer issues or internet connection issues, that the seller would say so, either via PM or in the active thread. By such an explanation, the delay would be justified.

Due to the slow response time, low post count of the seller, given the age of their account here on UU, my confidence is low.

I've moved on to safer pastures.

[edited to add]:
    I would have gladly paid the $250, but the seller did not answer any of my simple questions in his/her reply to my PMs, so I did not have any good feeling about the sale after that. Sorry, but I was not born yesterday.
    Last edited by Booli; 04-01-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

Thread Information