Cavatina

Betelgeuxy

Reaction score

This has always been one of my favourite songs. I tried, a few years ago, to play it on the guitar but I think it was too difficult for me. So, now I have a bit more experience, here it is on the uke.
I transposed it to G, which naturally suits the ukulele, then tuned the ukulele up a whole tone to give it a brighter sound.
I hope you enjoy it.

Matthew

Very nicely done. Your hard work is paying off.

WOW Mathew you should be very very proud of yourself.

This is one of the most difficult pieces to play on Classical Guitar, never mind, Ukulele...

This piece is one of the most beautiful yet deceivingly difficult pieces to play!

Not only do you play it well, and with all the parts as I remember them, but you play with very nice musicality and feeling the way it should be played! Bravo!

When I first started studying classical guitar, I bought the score. I ended up putting it away, and finally learned it about 6 years later.

You need to check out Ana Vidovic on Youtube. I was fortunate enough to meet her several times and take some private classes. she was my muse of sorts early on.

Anyway PLEASE tell me where you got the score, I would love to purchase it and give it a shot myself on the ukulele.

Here is my humble attempts at it on classical guitar.

Thank you for your fantastic comments.
Olarte, I've checked out some of Ana Vidovic's videos, she plays the guitar beautifully, thank you. The score I based my arrangement on was from here. I think it tries to stick too close to the original and in doing so loses a lot of the piece's beauty when translated to the ukulele, They are, after all, very different instruments. I used the score, transposed it to G and learnt to play it from memory. I will, however, write out a rough tab and post it, since it is a great piece to play.

Here are my handwritten notes. I hope they are of use to somebody.
Cavatina.jpg

Top Bottom