the most odd or extreme place you've ever played

geoffsuke

Reaction score
heyup uu!!

Where is the most extreme place you've ever played??

For me, it's on the roof of my house playing gitara at sunset. That was my idea of ukulele heaven!!

What about you?

Peace :cheers: and beer

In the waiting room, and then standing by the Radiotherapy Machine at the Cancer Clinic, after my final session. That was definitely a "first" for the other patients, the Nurses and the Technicians. That was five years ago.:eek:ld:

Ukantor.

The oddest place (and it's not really that odd) for me is in bed. I often spend a couple of hours ukin' before bedtime. :music:

I've whipped out my uke on a plane before. The person next to me got weirded out. It was pretty funny!

In the galley on a plane from NY to S. Africa. I entertained the air hostesses for a while back there haha. :)

Most odd

While in combat. Shells were landing all about, rapid machine gun fire whizzing past my head. So I pulled out my ukulele and started to play calming the other soldiers and that of the enemy. Then as I walked across no mans land both side came out of the trenches and we sang Rock'A Hula by Elvis. As laughter and merriment were in full swing .....I woke up! This is my 100th post! Hip, hip..:smileybounce:

I was on tour with a band and we played a gig somewhere off Route 66 in New Mexico. Though the room was rather small, the stage was about 15-20 feet off the floor. The drummer decided (since we were so high and he'd be set so far back) that he would play the gig in his birthday suit, even though it wasn't his birthday.

In LAX on my way to Hawaii, I was jammin for four hours before gettin on the plane. People started coming up to me and askin if i was a street performer who wanted money. That was pretty fun.

In my school's bathroom. I had my uke and someone asked me to play a song while I was waiting for my friend to come out of the stall. :rock:

Someone dared me to order my food in song at mcdonald's. needless to say I never got food. it kinda sortta sounded like elephant town. which is good, but.....not to the non uker. :D

On my sailboat in the middle of the St-Lawrence. For hours and hours and hours.... I used to bring my 12 string jumbo dreadnought geetar but now I have two kids + the wife so... I got back into the uke! Next I'm gonna buy a roll up piano.
I also played my uke waiting for my turn at the hospital (for hours... just kidding). Apart from a few smiles, no one reacted... And regularly at the restaurant waiting for my meal.
I'll usually bring my uke anywhere when the kids are around...

Wow, my story hardly compares to some of yours.

We have a large Festival called "River Fest" which is the largest gathering in the state of Arkansas. Last year there were around 250,000 who came to it. While we were waiting for people to clear out off the road, I broke out my uke and started a montage of songs using the same G, C, D progression. Songs included Solja boi, Shawty got low, Crazy train, Free bird, a few White Stripes songs, and anything I could think of at the moment. I jammed for a good 30 minutes and changed my songs according to the demographic walking by.

I was just up in Big Bear (southern California ski resort) with my flea.... kids were sledding and I was stumming like I was sitting on the beach :). Flea kept going out of tune though... probably too cold for "Yoda."

shopping for furniture at ikea. was chilling out on one of the setups that look like a mock living room and was sitting on the couch playing.

Hey! Ikea would be a great place to make a video of yourself strummin' and singin'. Like a film set - the only way I'd get to play in a tidy modern environment!

Ukantor.

Top Bottom