Please recommend a removable scratchguard film

mainger

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for a way to protect my uke from nail scratches. I'd like a non-permanent solution, ideally a film-like material that I could cut to shape, and that would adhere without damaging the top.

I have looked at a few solutions for guitar, and even bought one, but they all seem to use a rather strong adhesive, and seem better suited for lacquered instruments. The one I bought actually carried a warning (inside the package, of course...) to not use it on varnished instruments as it might damaged the coating.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Germain

I don't know if this would work, but what about those films used to protect an iPhone?

Wonderful, thanks! I did search the forum, but scratchguard didn't bring up any useful result.

Cheap, removable, transparent, perfect! Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use those plastic sheets designed to protect LCDs. No adhesive. They just stick, but are easily removed. I find these on sale occasionally for very low prices. The amount of material you get is much more than you need for just one uke - which is good. I first make a paper template and then trace that onto the plastic. They're virtually invisible when in place.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=laptop+screen+protectors&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Top Bottom