West Coast Ukulele Retreat, May 13 - 17, 2015

UkerDrew

Reaction score
My wife and family just bought me this trip as a surprise 50th Birthday present. I am looking forward to going. This will be my first event of this type. Registration is already closed but I'm curious if any other UU members are attending so I can be sure and say howdy!

Anyone?

Oh you lucky guy. You must be loved! I wanted to go so badly, but between the cost of actual retreat plus flight, it was just out of my price range. Have fun. It sounds like a ton of fun!

I do feel loved and honored they would all chip in on the extravagance for me. Something I would not have done for myself for sure. I am wondering how I am going to bring ukes with me and what to take?? I can secure my one soprano in my suitcase and carry on a tenor but my pono baritone?? What to do....

Carry on the baritone, string it dGBE and use a capo?

Maybe. I am planning to check a large suitcase and stuff a soprano uke in a foam case in there and carry on a tenor. I am torn about my Pono baritone. I play it a lot but I have trouble keeping it in tune when there are temp changes. Moving between classes and jams with it might be a hassle. It's tough. I wish I could bring them all!

Top Bottom