Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferangeli Custom Tenor

Default Ferangeli Custom Tenor

Hi everyone!
    So I have been saving a while for a new ukulele and have gone with the Filipino Builder: Ferangeli Guitar and Ukulele. They are based in Cebu, which in the Philippines is the guitar/ musical instrument capital of the country, which was brought over by the Spanish priests. I had looked over some of their custom ukes, and they really had some beautiful inlay work.
    They had told me that production of the uke will take around 60 days.

For my own custom tenor, I had gone with an all solid Hawaiian Koa body, mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, slotted headstock, Hand-buffed Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish, and koi inlay on the fingerboard and around the soundhole.

I did ask to have them send progression photos of my uke being built and will post the progression photos onto this thread as soon as I get them!

IMG_5790.jpg
    IMG_5791.jpg

Wow, looking very classy already, congratulations!
    All the best,
    Campbell

YouTube Videos & Tabs
    https://www.youtube.com/user/camsuke

beautiful set of wood there...congrats
    Ko'Aloha KTM-00 Tenor
    Kamaka White Label Baritone
    Martin 1T IZ Tenor

Nice! I'm actually thinking about ordering a uke from Susing's Guitars in Cebu also. I can't wait to see the finished product!

That wood is stunning! Looking forward to see what comes next!
    Click a photo for information!

I live half my year in Cebu and have not yet found a uke i would buy there in 10 years of looking. They all look very attractive with tons of bling and inlay but are overbuilt and dull sounding in my experience. Caveat emptor...

Hi Everyone! Yeah I was really impressed with the woodset and I myself can't wait to see what happens. and Billten, I totally respect your opinion! Another person's trash could be another person's gold LOL! From my personal experience, my Mele uke which is made in the Philippines does not have a dull sound ( to me at least) so I have some faith. Also I did see a sound sample of a similar custom uke they had made, and I thought the sound was good! But again how can I defend something I have yet to actually play and hear myself! HAHA

Brod, i hope your uke blows your socks off! I just wanted to give my experiences from living and playing in Cebu for a long time. Do please give us an update once you get the uke in your hands, i'm very interested as its been about a year since i was last walking through the guitar makers in Mactan and maybe they have worked some issues out. Bahalana ta bay...

Quote Originally Posted by hungry4adobo View Post
    Hi Everyone! Yeah I was really impressed with the woodset and I myself can't wait to see what happens. and Billten, I totally respect your opinion! Another person's trash could be another person's gold LOL! From my personal experience, my Mele uke which is made in the Philippines does not have a dull sound ( to me at least) so I have some faith. Also I did see a sound sample of a similar custom uke they had made, and I thought the sound was good! But again how can I defend something I have yet to actually play and hear myself! HAHA

Oh and i should mention that i also actually own a Ferangeli mahogany classical guitar so i do like his guitar making skills...

Oh really! Yeah their guitars are a really beauty too!I just really hope this uke isnt overbuilt, but who know's we'll see! I will definitely record a sound sample once I get the uke. Also strings make a world of a difference, and I know forsure when I get the uke I am stringing up with La Bella strings. From some of the online works he has it looks like he uses Aquila strings? I wish there was more online samples of all the ukulele and guitar like many other companies do like Pono, Big Island, Mele, Kala,etc so that people can get a some what better idea of what each maker has to offer.

Thread Information