Coooooool radiused fret slot cutter!

RPA_Ukuleles

Reaction score
Found this very cool fret slot cutter on youtube... cuts the slots after radiusing the board, looks as if it follows the radius for a consistent slot depth. Appears to be dremel powered. Fast and easy. Pretty neat.

The clip is very short, have to replay it a few times and pause to get a good look at the design.

[video]http://www.tubechop.com/watch/5637354[/video]

Wow - that takes care of my biggest gripe about most slots - they are too deep in the middle, and that weakens the board by a lot. Very, VERY cool.

Boy, that video did go by fast. Wish they had lingered just a bit longer...The "Sword of Damocles" method of radiousing a fretboard looks cool, but isn't that a bit over engineered? I think there are easier ways. Which reminds me, have you guys received your radioused router bits from Down Under yet? How is that workin out?

That's interesting. If you click the Watch on Youtube link you get a better version.
I like the idea of using a dremel like a radial arm saw. Does anyone make a fret saw blade for a dremel??
I'd change the set up to have a fixed position arm saw and slide the fret board under it. Then you could use the plastic fret templates (or no template) to change scale lengths. Much easier than cutting that steel bar with fret positions.

Top Bottom